Thread: Starting a Company (To pledge or not to pledge)

CSA Captain

Starting a Company (To pledge or not to pledge)

Hello, let me first introduce myself. My name is John Dewitt, not my real name but an Anglicization of my real Dutch name. As should be obvious from this, I am from the Netherlands. Nevertheless I have a strong interest in history, historical warfare and of course the American Civil War. I know a little of the historical tactics and doctrines used.

Hearing about War of Rights piqued my interest immediately and I started following the trailers, the forums and the YouTube videos on it. Apart from the historical setting and seemingly authentic setting, weapons, uniforms and other embellishments as well as the "realistic" style of game-play what interests me a lot is the in-game organisation (companies). It instantly reminded me of PlanetSide 2 and I want to get in on that.

In other words, I want to start a company at some point in this game. I'm just not sure if that moment is now or later. First, let me delve a bit deeper into what I believe I have to offer to the company;

As hinted above, I am a PlanetSide 2 veteran. Now that game is sci-fi but many of the core principles correspond to WoR; it is a FPS and more importantly it features large organisations of players (in that game called Outfits) which setup platoons (of 48 players at once). I was and still am a Platoon Leader in my outfit, which is the biggest outfit in the game totaling roughly 4000 fighting men and women; thus I have experience actually leading a relatively large group of actual players into battle in an FPS setting. As Platoon Leader I am responsible for designating the objectives and supervising the logistics of the platoon, as well as set the general tactics to be used. It's also about managing your troops efficiently and reacting to the enemy's movements (by using your Squad Leaders wisely) and providing training sessions for new additions in both skill and tactics.

In short, management wise I believe I am more than capable of leading a company in WoR. Only rests adding the tactical know-how in WoR (which will undoubtedly not be 1 to 1 with historical tactics) which comes down to experience. So starting now, in the game's early days, would seem wise.

My real question here is thus; are there willing volunteers for the 1st South Carolina Rifles, Able Company if I pledge? You'd be getting an experienced leader-of-FPS-players in return. I'm all about fun and jest in the off time and then getting super hardball on the enemy when the fight starts.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by JohnDewitt; 10-02-2017 at 06:00 PM.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDewitt View Post
    Hello, let me first introduce myself. My name is John Dewitt, not my real name but an Anglicization of my real Dutch name. As should be obvious from this, I am from the Netherlands. Nevertheless I have a strong interest in history, historical warfare and of course the American Civil War. I know a little of the historical tactics and doctrines used.

Hearing about War of Rights piqued my interest immediately and I started following the trailers, the forums and the YouTube videos on it. Apart from the historical setting and seemingly authentic setting, weapons, uniforms and other embellishments as well as the "realistic" style of game-play what interests me a lot is the in-game organisation (companies). It instantly reminded me of PlanetSide 2 and I want to get in on that.

In other words, I want to start a company at some point in this game. I'm just not sure if that moment is now or later. First, let me delve a bit deeper into what I believe I have to offer to the company;

As hinted above, I am a PlanetSide 2 veteran. Now that game is sci-fi but many of the core principles correspond to WoR; it is a FPS and more importantly it features large organisations of players (in that game called Outfits) which setup platoons (of 48 players at once). I was and still am a Platoon Leader in my outfit, which is the biggest outfit in the game totaling roughly 4000 fighting men and women; thus I have experience actually leading a relatively large group of actual players into battle in an FPS setting. As Platoon Leader I am responsible for designating the objectives and supervising the logistics of the platoon, as well as set the general tactics to be used. It's also about managing your troops efficiently and reacting to the enemy's movements (by using your Squad Leaders wisely) and providing training sessions for new additions in both skill and tactics.

In short, management wise I believe I am more than capable of leading a company in WoR. Only rests adding the tactical know-how in WoR (which will undoubtedly not be 1 to 1 with historical tactics) which comes down to experience. So starting now, in the game's early days, would seem wise.

My real question here is thus; are there willing volunteers for the 1st South Carolina Rifles, Able Company if I pledge? You'd be getting an experienced leader-of-FPS-players in return. I'm all about fun and jest in the off time and then getting super hardball on the enemy when the fight starts.

Thank you for your time.
    Hi welkom bij War of Rights,

Ik zou zeggen begin de company maak een promotie pagina er voor, jump in de game praat met mensen promoot je visie en dan komen de members vanzelf wel.
    Zo ben ik ook begonnen.

Groet,
    Jeffrey

CSA Captain

Welcome to war of Rights! I'm sure people would want to join your company but it will take Time to gather strength since the majority of forum users are already situated with a company. It's really up to the players if they want to join your company or not. Some people would like to join well established groups and some would join newer ones with the chance of getting a high rank. I say make your company and see what happens after that.

CSA Captain

The First South Carolina Rifles, A Company is looking for the following personnel:

• Drill Sergeant
    • Sergeants
    • Enlisted Men

Drill Sergeant
    I'm looking for someone who wants to be the Company Drill Sergeant (rank being Sergeant and possible quick promotion to First Sergeant). My Company is new and the process of forming up would be greatly helped with the inclusion of a Drill Sergeant early on. Good prospects to becoming a CO and/or part of the Company Staff in the future. It is likely that you'll be my adjutant and that the setting up of the Company will be a joint affair between us in the early stages.

I'll be on in the early hours to the midday in most of the US and in the evenings in the EU.