Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Morale System

We'll be changing the values constantly in the coming days/weeks. The radius is currently 15. But we feel a radius of around 5 or 6 will work much better

USA Brigadier General

I understand this but what is "15" or "6" and how long is it in game?

The width of 15 men? Of a virgin?

I read that you will introduce a "in formation" sign or button. Will it come soon?

And will it be only visible in the drill camp? I support this because it makes the drilling easier and you need to remember your drill in a skirmish where you don't have this sign.

Sorry for the tons of questions but I am really excited about this feature and love it.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

The UI formation indicator will be visible on both the drill camp and in skirmishes. I was talking about meters of course

USA Brigadier General

Is that maybe also a step forward to a "company moral system" where the moral of a company could break and force to a retreat like we discussed here in a thread?

Any idea when we get the indicator?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    They are based on the old tickets. Yes.

100% morale = Battle Ready
    75% morale = Engaged
    50% morale = Taking losses
    25% morale = Breaking

The losses of morale are now based on server population percentage (32 players online will for instance result in 2 times the morale cost amount when you die compared to when there are 64 players on).

The soon to be introduced formation buff system will also eventually be tied into the morale system (amongst other things). This will lessen the morale cost of dying considerably when having the formation buff.

- Trusty
    When you say "Breaking" is "25% morale", just what is the effect of that?
    In the old ticket system the ticket number was how many spawns you had left.
    How does "morale" effect "spawns" or does it?
    Lightfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    When you say "Breaking" is "25% morale", just what is the effect of that?
    In the old ticket system the ticket number was how many spawns you had left.
    How does "morale" effect "spawns" or does it?
    The more losses you sustain the lower your morale gets.

- Trusty

Is it fair though if the teams are considerably uneven either by chance or by the design of an event?

One thing that always annoys me is an instant decision by a game to call a round that's razor sharp rather than letting it fight to its conclusion. Usually it's a hard time limit responsible for that. In this case both teams could be decimated and it'll still call the round for one in an instant decision.

I also don't care for the instant-cap wins. There should at least be a limited chance for a counterattack -- especially in cases where the physical objective is swiped but the defenders are still dominating the surrounding area.

424030_screenshots_20171007203120_1.jpg
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The more losses you sustain the lower your morale gets.

- Trusty
    But what effect does that have?
    Before if you ran out of tickets you couldn't replace your losses by respawning. Unless time ran out before other side could take advantage of this you lost.
    Morale effects aren't as obvious. My avatar doesn't seem to be effected in any obvious way by low morale.
    Lightfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    But what effect does that have?
    Before if you ran out of tickets you couldn't replace your losses by respawning. Unless time ran out before other side could take advantage of this you lost.
    Morale effects aren't as obvious. My avatar doesn't seem to be effected in any obvious way by low morale.
    The effect is you lose the game when you have no morale left.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post

I also don't care for the instant-cap wins. There should at least be a limited chance for a counterattack -- especially in cases where the physical object is swiped but the defenders are still dominating the surrounding area.

424030_screenshots_20171007203120_1.jpg
    I agree with this strongly, it really really annoys me when this happens because sometimes arty will decimate your formation or whatever on point. Even if they do manage to break through and capture the point, there should be time allotted to be able to retalliate and possibly take the point back. In an event, this wil be crucial because the capture meter will not be slow and rapidly fill up and then we lose.