Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artillery Barrages

Artillery Barrages

What's up with the excessive artillery barrages? Who on the dev team has the artillery fetish?

USA 1st Lieutenant

Ahahahahaha, that was great!

I'm not gonna spoil it for everyone else, but PLM shits his pants.

Best,
    Dman979

15-20 guns firing at one target just seems a little excessive since they don't reload that fast. Sometimes it'll occur in the woods where both sides are fighting. Occasionally you get these and I just wonder how historical the rapid barrages are in the places they are

USA Lieutenant Colonel

I always thought it was a stop gap measure to stop one team completely decimating the other, I always tend to notice it when the team i'm on is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    What's up with the excessive artillery barrages? Who on the dev team has the artillery fetish?
    That must be me . Currently they are totally randomized. The minimum amount of shells in a barrage is 5 and the maximum is 20. We have been discussing it a bit internally as well and to my sadness, we may reduce the amount a little bit in the future.

Maybe add some variation in the timing so they all come at once? Since they are coming from different tubes they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    That must be me . Currently they are totally randomized. The minimum amount of shells in a barrage is 5 and the maximum is 20. We have been discussing it a bit internally as well and to my sadness, we may reduce the amount a little bit in the future.
    I'm really sorry but I think it was a good decision to reduce the amount... maybe to 15 or so...

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Can't be random. Everywhere I try to hid the darn things are falling all around me.
    Lightfoot

CSA Captain

Im just tired of getting killed in the spawn lmao
    2Lt. Obadiah Peyton. 2nd Georgia Infantry Company G

Ancestors:
    Major Charles S Peyton - 19th Virginia Infantry
    John Daniel Belcher - 13th Georgia Infantry
    Elijah Clark Belcher - 47th Georgia Infantry
    William Hughes - 7th Wisconsin Infantry
    Cpt. Thomas J Peyton - Fry's Company, Virginia Light Artillery

I was playing a small-scale Bloody Lane 2v3 match and we saw the objective on the lane getting lit up by a battalion of 155mm airbursting overhead. Both the rebs were dead when we got there.