Thread: Sound Issue while in game

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Sound Issue while in game

So my friend has been having an issue in game where he can't hear everyone and it sounds like they are whispering. He says when he is a certain distance away from the line he can hear everyone in line but when he is up close to them he cant hear anything. So if someone could look into this I would be very happy. He says it happened shortly after the September 2nd update when it started acting up on him

Thank you for the report.

- We'll investigate.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Hi OP, thanks for the post. I'm using VOIP as well. Depends on where I'm at, positioned wise to others as to how well I can hear them. I figured it was a VOIP thingy. The closer you got, the better you could hear. But after a bit, I figured it wasn't the case. Some folks I can hear just fine being 20 feet away, others I can almost be right next to them, and it's a dice roll.

Quote Originally Posted by javelina View Post
    Hi OP, thanks for the post. I'm using VOIP as well. Depends on where I'm at, positioned wise to others as to how well I can hear them. I figured it was a VOIP thingy. The closer you got, the better you could hear. But after a bit, I figured it wasn't the case. Some folks I can hear just fine being 20 feet away, others I can almost be right next to them, and it's a dice roll.
    It's a hard thing for us to properly test as user hardware (crappy microphone?) and settings (lowered recording strength via windows sound & recording options?) and position (microphone situated too far away?) and even how loud they speak are all possible explanations for encountering a low volume player.

Currently the only confirmed issue is that the 3D voice system sometimes drop you, can happen in the middle of a play session, and you thus can't hear anyone.

Rejoining the server fixes this.

- Trusty