Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield 1842

CSA Captain

For some reason some are not reading my post thoroughly. Yes the Buck n Ball is shooting FOUR projectiles. Saris, I have proven time and time again ( one time to one of your men who had to grudgingly agree with me afterwards ) and every time I prove my point. The Drill Camp Range ( you have to use the side of a certain size tent ) is useless to prove anything about this gun, it will shoot Minie Balls there giving people the impression that its a great gun lol. And if you hit anything at 100 yards with this gun now, its either an accident or sheer luck and should not even be attempted, waste of ammo. Saris and John, please educate us all how to use this gun effectively at Hookers Attack. You cant and you wont if the union is any kind of remotely competent. And yes, the 9th LA is the other confed unit in this skirmish, and uses the 1842 most of the time. Timo, I've never had the delight to see it wipe out a whole line and I have shot this gun profusely lol. The ball round is just a total joke and you only get 20 bucknball. The only thing this gun provides is faster rate of fire because you dont have to take time to aim it, you just point it. But that is negated by its effective range, when at that range, its time to melee or get meleed. Its a total mess as of now, actually a great insult to the gun.
    Last edited by Goad; 11-11-2017 at 01:36 PM.

CSA Major

i have setting set to max except things like shadows and foliage, i will try to shoot at that same tent tonite and see what happens, also i have never seen it hit 2 people well kill 2 people at once either
    i was looking at you screen shots and hell you might have missed a person the spread is so wide, also interesting the spread changes again i will try when i get home but as i said it is a last resort if i have to use that rifle

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    For some reason some are not reading my post thoroughly. Yes the Buck n Ball is shooting FOUR projectiles. Saris, I have proven time and time again ( one time to one of your men who had to grudgingly agree with me afterwards ) and every time I prove my point. The Drill Camp Range ( you have to use the side of a certain size tent ) is useless to prove anything about this gun, it will shoot Minie Balls there giving people the impression that its a great gun lol. And if you hit anything at 100 yards with this gun now, its either an accident or sheer luck and should not even be attempted, waste of ammo. Saris and John, please educate us all how to use this gun effectively at Hookers Attack. You cant and you wont if the union is any kind of remotely competent. And yes, the 9th LA is the other confed unit in this skirmish, and uses the 1842 most of the time. Timo, I've never had the delight to see it wipe out a whole line and I have shot this gun profusely lol. The ball round is just a total joke and you only get 15 bucknball. The only thing this gun provides is faster rate of fire because you dont have to take time to aim it, you just point it. But that is negated by its effective range, when at that range, its time to melee or get meleed. Its a total mess as of now, actually a great insult to the gun.
    There is another unit that you can use on hookers push for the confederates so you don't have to play as the 2nd Mississippi. First, since the style of gameplay has almost changed completely with the new morale system, some old tactics don't work now. If you're wanting to know how to win on the map. Don't sit on the cap point, get on the ridge behind it. With the new morale and formation system, try to form a skirmish line while in formation. The federals already have a good position behind the fence and its behind the desertion line so you can't reach them there. Best way to beat them is to spread out and kneel(in formation). If you want cover, there are rocks on both flanks that are good places to get closer to the federals on the fence. Force them to charge and use buck n ball when they get close or split into 2 wings and support each other if they are attacked. If you manage to kill the charging federals, that will be a major blow to their morale. Continue this until they break. This map is basically like Burnside Bridge for the Union, it's winnable but you have to play smarter than your opponent.
    Last edited by Saris; 10-26-2017 at 08:12 PM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

The other unit is the 9th LA which I mentioned last post that uses at least 50% of the time, the 1842. Well, you can think that that plan will work, but it can easily be derailed. I cant be 100% certain of this , but this is what I have noticed so far is that the objective has to be completely red for the confederates to win at time limit for all skirmishes. After taking point and having it full red and then you leave it, it loses about 25% of the red. Union using that fence line would be foolish. Union takes point, then guess who the attacker is?, and would be out of formation to take the heavy morale hit, yep, you. All it really takes is a push to point by Union, and I dont mean a mad screaming rush, game won. Union getting harassed by confeds on the flanks before and after winning point?. No problem, the 1842( In its currrent sad state now ) cant do it anyway. And if the Union really wanted to make it hard for ya, he could by other ways along with the aforementioned.

I can't hit crap with the smoothbores - period. I think I even rolled up behind a team on the bloody lane and missed half my shots from ~40 yards.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDewitt View Post
    If gun is useless past x yards fight your enemies at <x yards
    Some points on the map have strategic advantage, I've noticed people love to hug fences and trees
    And other are more skilled in shooting (yes Dether from the 1st Georgia .... I'm talking about you)

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    I play on a regular basis and haven't noted a difference between any of the rifles in so much as to say that the 1842 objectively performs worse.
    Dear Major, I must stress that some of the newer rifles make a huge difference on the field, hereby I officially request that the South will be provided with as much as good rifles as we can get our hands on.
    As for myself it doesn't matter-> I can't hit a barn at 100 yards .... I blame my lazy eye

CSA Major

its ok redleader the forums warriors will just tell you to move the barn closer no problem then
    the 1842 was a good rifle easily hitting shots at man sided targets at 100yd no problem and i guess another problem is we really cant tell about about 30yds if we really hit anything anyhow a little better feedback on shots would be nice but that is for another post

and leifr i did try on the tent and i did see 4 holes but they never seems to change size just orientation when shot at about 30yds or so will have to try buck an ball in the game more then if i get stuck with that rifle
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 10-27-2017 at 01:15 PM.

USA Major

The things is they probably try and replicate other factors, that we being behind a keyboard don't have to suffer, like all the psygological effects war have on a soldier a 2nd thing is if they made the 1842 is as accurate in game as it was in real life well then there would be no point in having it as the South was outgunned and they have to replicate that and as most firefight happen beneath 50 yards they can't really make it accurate up untill 100 yards as that would eliminate that fact. Later on they can make it more accurate and even add the rifled version, but for now i don't even hate it that much, I would say i prefer it over the 1855 anyday tbh just because it has that extra punch in close quarters with it's buck and ball.
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    and leifr i did try on the tent and i did see 4 holes but they never seems to change size just orientation when shot at about 30yds or so will have to try buck an ball in the game more then if i get stuck with that rifle
    Well well ... you are the fine gentleman who put holes in my tent ? Now it's raining in !