Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield 1842

CSA Captain

Springfield 1842

For the love of God, fix this almost totally useless Gun. You guys are limiting its potential by 70-80%. And then you put the 2nd MS who uses exclusively this gun, on Hookers Attack Skirmish. Besides it not being realistic as they were not here at this skirmish ( later they were as depicted in the next skirmish ), it seems this skirmish was designed for total failure for the Confederates as they are pretty helpless in the open field with a gun that is only good for 20-30 yards ( and this is definitely not a guaranteed kill shooting at a single individual ). If the Union cant win this skirmish, then I dont know what to say lol.

CSA Major

play the game leifr and you will see, it is total worthless cant hit shit with it and buck and ball doesnt fire more than one ball
    the 1842 could easily hit a target at 100yrd not in this game with only a front bead maybe make buck and ball usefull then maybe the rifle is ok

also when can we start to use the guns we are supposed to have in our pledges

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    play the game leifr and you will see, it is total worthless cant hit shit with it and buck and ball doesnt fire more than one ball
    the 1842 could easily hit a target at 100yrd not in this game with only a front bead maybe make buck and ball usefull then maybe the rifle is ok

also when can we start to use the guns we are supposed to have in our pledges
    I play on a regular basis and haven't noted a difference between any of the rifles in so much as to say that the 1842 objectively performs worse. It definitely does fire more than one ball; load in to drill camp and spend a few minutes firing at the tents or the side of a building.

As for the other firearms, they will be made available once they have been modeled and implemented.

CSA Captain

M1842 is quite an effective gun if you know how to use it.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Major

Tbh, the 1842 is useless at anything past 50 yards, but i still love it, as it is perfect for quick suprise attack, when you use buckshot you don't really have to aim if they are close enouhh wich is real fun on certain maps where you just pop up out of a buch with like 3 guys and "bang!!" and you wipe away like a line wich is real good fun. But still, I understand your problem Goad but I also agree with Saris as in the end it all comes down to how you use it, just as with all weapons in the game.
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Major

the gun is useless past about 20yrds or the first target at the range, where everyother rifle is so much more accurate the 1842 was not an inaccurate rifle up to 100yrs or so in this game it is past 20
    have fired at tents and houses and all i see is one impact since we dont have bullet holes made you cant tell and if you fire at a target all you get is one hole so again no way to tell
    maybe trusty can shine some light on how the buck and ball really works but i try not to use that rifle unless i absolutely have too

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    the gun is useless past about 20yrds or the first target at the range, where everyother rifle is so much more accurate the 1842 was not an inaccurate rifle up to 100yrs or so in this game it is past 20
    have fired at tents and houses and all i see is one impact since we dont have bullet holes made you cant tell and if you fire at a target all you get is one hole so again no way to tell
    maybe trusty can shine some light on how the buck and ball really works but i try not to use that rifle unless i absolutely have too
    I beg to differ.
    Furthermore, repeatedly firing reveals that the spread changes with each shot. You can back up as far as a 100yards and it will still hit. Are you sure that you have the graphical options turned to the maximum and that you are actually reloading buck & ball shot?

CSA Captain

Also the 2nd MS might only use the M1842 but there are a lot of units that have a high chance of using the gun also. 1st TX, 69th NY, 1st LAZ, 2nd GA, and 9th LA all have a tendency to spawn with the M1842.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

If gun is useless past x yards fight your enemies at <x yards