Thread: More customization options (Uniforms, weapons, character creation, equipment)

CSA 2nd Lieutenant

More customization options (Uniforms, weapons, character creation, equipment)

I think that unique character customization could be a cool tool used in the game. Basically a third person view (in the menu screen or soldier customization menu) of what your soldier for both sides looks like. Ideally having a loadout for both sides for when you play the game. Obviously this will take unlocks into account for what players have which rifles, uniforms, etc. But, I'd like to see it broken down for a few different options.

Hair: Different lengths and colors of hair
    Facial hair: Different styles and colors of facial hair or clean shaven
    Hats: Various kepi's, slouch hats, etc.
    Jacket: Different types of jackets, coats, etc. (available jackets from unlocks)
    Pants: Different styles of pants, socks rolled up, etc.
    Equipment: Different colored leather gear, optional sling for cartridge box
    Belts: Different types of belt buckles, different state buckles
    Rifles: Being able to choose which rifle you like best (available weapons via unlocks)
    Other gear: Knapsacks and bed rolls OPTIONAL (rather than just randomly spawned with)

Obviously this will give a large benefit to the players who are in companies that have specific uniforms or uniforms specific to those states that they play for. Thus creating a more accurate and realistic feel. I also think the personalization factor also helps you get more involved in the character and the development of your soldier. There could be different unlocks *IE* battle worn clothing for those players who have played the game for X amount of time, giving them the appearance of veterans rather than raw recruits.

any ideas welcome......

Quote Originally Posted by DorianDolore View Post
    I think that unique character customization could be a cool tool used in the game. Basically a third person view (in the menu screen or soldier customization menu) of what your soldier for both sides looks like. Ideally having a loadout for both sides for when you play the game. Obviously this will take unlocks into account for what players have which rifles, uniforms, etc. But, I'd like to see it broken down for a few different options.

Hair: Different lengths and colors of hair
    Facial hair: Different styles and colors of facial hair or clean shaven
    Hats: Various kepi's, slouch hats, etc.
    Jacket: Different types of jackets, coats, etc. (available jackets from unlocks)
    Pants: Different styles of pants, socks rolled up, etc.
    Equipment: Different colored leather gear, optional sling for cartridge box
    Belts: Different types of belt buckles, different state buckles
    Rifles: Being able to choose which rifle you like best (available weapons via unlocks)
    Other gear: Knapsacks and bed rolls OPTIONAL (rather than just randomly spawned with)

Obviously this will give a large benefit to the players who are in companies that have specific uniforms or uniforms specific to those states that they play for. Thus creating a more accurate and realistic feel. I also think the personalization factor also helps you get more involved in the character and the development of your soldier. There could be different unlocks *IE* battle worn clothing for those players who have played the game for X amount of time, giving them the appearance of veterans rather than raw recruits.

any ideas welcome......
    Hi there!

Thank you for the feedback.

We'd like to support character customization at some point - although very restricted as we don't want to steer away from the historical authenticity we have.

- Trusty

CSA Major

I think this is a great idea as well, and I also agree with Trusty on the point of keeping things accurate. I think there is enough variation out there to make this work in the sense of; the 1st NC wore kepis or civilian hats, or wore North Carolina or Richmond shell jackets. The suggestion of the, "bedrolls vs knapsacks" could be a generic option for all units unless they were documented to carry something specific. I don't think that there will be too many items you could have as an option to change, but I think, with a little research, it could be done.