Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: State of Affairs as of 10/30/17

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMcMuffin View Post
    Companies and player count has started to decrease because some people don't like fighting the same people over and over and over, and because of some of the mechanics now, with the same results over and over. That's not really fun. And honestly, I do think that allowing for some private servers would allow people to have some more fun and flexibility, and with more people comes more feedback. Plus, I highly recommend that Early Access release should be considered and done sooner than I know the devs have planned. Sooooo many people want to play the game, but have no idea how to, or don't want to do it because its papal and not on steam. It would bump up the player count, I know for a fact it would. At the very least, beta release should be a thing sooner than expected. The alpha and beta should be nailing down the most basic things in the game and branching out a bit, so basically, getting infantry combat done along with some maps and stuff. Early Access should be everything else, cavalry, artillery and stuff like that.

By the way, anyone else have their profile get reset and have to re verify their email and stuff like I did? Or am I an isolated incident?
    well to be frank I stopped playing because i dont want to get burnt out on the game and im waiting for more content. (arty for one)

That is one thing I implied with the "people don't like the fighting the same people over and over" along with people actually getting burnt out.

Artillery? Really? That's what you're waiting for?

I think it's a combination of things. Any updates would help. I understand we're waiting on an engine one right now. People want to play in events, where the game represents something along the lines of what they think it should. There's 0 players on before the event, 50-80 on during it, and 0 after. The fact that nobody sticks around to skirmish after is telling.

I like the game. But there is no real competition as far as Civil War infantry combat first person games. I like the realism and the direction. There's just a few things that I feel like are missing and I don't know if they're even on the agenda. I could spent time talking about what I like (no score, great smoke effects, no HUD) but it'd be a moot point.

Loading muskets is a huge part of the game. I do wish there was variance for loading. Fumbling or faster or slower reloads. Watching the literal exact animation time and time again get's old. And the predictable Go-Pro TM head bobbing get's really, really old after a while. I know it was probably thought of as one-and-done reload animation, but I'd like to see more.

I'm hesitant to shoot unless I have a stellar shot. In the real world, even back then, your fire serves more of an effect than just hit or miss. I'd like to see individual morale and some real effect of my shots, even misses. It gives an entirely different viewpoint on the battle than "Oh, look.. I just threw another shot away."

I am beginning to not like the new win/loss mechanism via team morale. A win doesn't feel like win and a loss doesn't always feel like a loss. You're giving rambos the power to absolutely suck your team of it's life force. A sharp fight at an objective, like tonight's over "Fort Bush" on Pry Ford, becomes a mess when the battle is close and reinforcements trickle in to be killed off piece-meal with severe penalty to the team. The only reason we won (Union) was because of a lot of rambo rebs returning to their position at Fort Bush in ones and twos and getting killed. The punishments, as far as incentivizing players to stay 'in line' should only be punishments for that player --not for the team.

I'm aware that it's thought that player behavior will change as far as fighting out of line with the Flag-Bearer spawn but we'll see and I still don't think Joe Snuffy the idiot getting killed 8 times in a round on his own should decide the battle. If all you have to resolve that is to punish those players as severely as it takes to stop them, I'd still like to see the system overhauled entirely for the morale to mean something other than "game over time now." You could stop or delay the spawning, cut off the flag spawns at "broken" and require a cool down period before "broken" goes away - simulating the time it might take to rally for another push / defense for example. If you purely want a way to end a round from a massacre--- vote map changes, vote admit defeat or something, pure reinforcement ticket counts, anything else - would be better.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-11-2017 at 03:04 AM.

CSA Captain

I'd like the opportunity to get burnt out, bar events which for a family man are difficult to attend, no one is on!
    4th Texas 'C' Company