Thread: opinion on animations

CSA Private

opinion on animations

when i was playing this game i was impressed with how much they make it feel like your in the civil war with cool animations and other effects but i feel like some animations are just to much. when im reloading it has your view swinging around and it doesnt feel like im actually the character but watching my character do the animation. like keep the animation and everything just dont swing the camera around like that. just let us keep the camera forward imo

CSA Major

This will shortly be remedied.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We're currently working on seperating the free look system from the animation system so you're able to more freely look around during the reload.

- Trusty

Would it be possible down the line to have 3 reload animation modes? One being the current animation, another being a much reduced version with less movement and your character always looking forward ish, and a no camera movement mode?
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

I'm sort of mixed on the perspective thing. On the one hand, my school of thought says that things that inhibit the individual from being a super soldier are good. On the other hand... Jogging... loading... moving. A human being, impaired or not, is able to put his perspective on a single object. There is no bobbing. It always peevs me when a game has your perspective bounce or bob when jogging. Have the devs never ran or was it just not thought through? It makes no difference if you're in combat. It's a human head moving around not a go pro camera. Not to mention it makes the game seem mechanical and ugly to record.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'm sort of mixed on the perspective thing. On the one hand, my school of thought says that things that inhibit the individual from being a super soldier are good. On the other hand... Jogging... loading... moving. A human being, impaired or not, is able to put his perspective on a single object. There is no bobbing. It always peevs me when a game has your perspective bounce or bob when jogging. Have the devs never ran or was it just not thought through? It makes no difference if you're in combat. It's a human head moving around not a go pro camera. Not to mention it makes the game seem mechanical and ugly to record.
    What is this running of which you speak?

We’re very much aware a human head/vision don’t bounces around when moving (so are all other game devs using head bobbing I would imagine). It’s all about showing your body moves as we don’t expect each player to own a treadmill to hook up to the game.

A floaty camera is quite mechanical feeling I think.

And to the OP, as Leifr state, yes we are working on a more practical use of freelooking while doing various actions.

- Trusty