Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted to ask the csa how they have liked the last few days getting the union side

CSA Major

if you dont play games for entertainment then why play them i have a real life i dont need one here, i have reported and summited crash reports, told you about unbalanced systems in the game just what an alpha tester is supposed to do
    no i am not going anywhere i want to see how this game plays out i love the civil war and love guns so what is there not to like
    people today have very short attention spans and once you lose them they are gone maybe try to make minor adjustments at a time and only one at a time lot easier to track some developers say
    we understand that all systems are in place so my question is how do you test the systems you put in place if they depend on the systems you have to add later kind of hard to test that way i think but thats how you do so we have to live with the unbalance till you add the other systems

thanks for the reply at least you reply to us and have an open forum alot of games dont and they fail so, you are doing alot right maybe not so much change at once i think is what we are asking for and it was nice to kill you a few time last nite when you were on the csa side hope to see you in game more

what really gets in my crawl is when the forum warriors who hardly ever play the game seen to think they know what is best hell i see you in game more than 3/4 of the people on the forums
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 11-06-2017 at 09:45 PM.

CSA Major

The sky is falling.

Patience in all things, you shall all be rewarded justly for the investment of time and energy.

CSA Major

patience is a virtue dont believe in virtues just kiddng just not much fun playing csa right now

CSA Major General

Arrow Whoever reads these long texts ....

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    I can remember before the morale system the Union complaining that the CSA were OP.... clearly this see-sawing of balance needs to find its equilibrium.
    I played briefly over the weekend and found all games lost to the Union, despite some great CSA team play.
    Sunday, we won all our matches playing as Union, and the brave CSA was not lacking trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Numitor View Post
    What is there to say. Right now the Union has a very easy time on most maps. I also think that the capture points on certain maps like Hooker's Push or Pry Ford aren't particularly grateful for the CSA as they are simply sat in a field with no real cover while the Union can just blast away at them from distance while enjoying good cover.
    Edit: That and the fact that the Union usually has the better weapons makes for a rather one sided experience.
    Certain points could be looked into, most of us have strategic experience and know how we can make the terrain a strategic advantage, however if the defence of a flag is in the open while the enemy shoot from cover ... hello Turkey shooting
    And yes I played a map in my fancy Union uniform shooting a 'Sharps' and it felt more comfortable ... usually a blind granny can shoot better then me -> But I shot a running 'confed' from more then 70 yards !

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I honestly don't see anything wrong with the weaponry, the Confederates had to make due with what they had, meaning that they had to use older guns compared to the north. Also the Confederates were fighting a force that was double their number and the federals did not even field their whole force. The confederates had to use what terrain they had to even out the fighting.
    If people would make a game where one side drives the Sherman tank and the others have Tiger I's ... sure that would be historicalaccurate in a way, fun ... is another thing.
    Some battles a good allied team would win of strategy, luck and still, but the odds would be against them (hey you might get into a firefly, but that would make you primary target).

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
    I am so tired of everyone bringing up the Historical accuracy. Yes, we know the confeds lost the war, however the Nazis also lost and there are plenty of games out there that are balanced enough so that they can win. Something's should be as historically accurate as possible(Maps, uniform detail, weapon detail...) but something's cant be because this is a Game.
    Like stated above, some will praise the historic accuracy and prefer the genuine feel, others want a balanced game (look at BF1, that isn't exactly a true installment of WWI in case of tactics and weapons)

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    The weaponry is a MAJOR element of problems now, hence the 1842. Despite some people saying it isnt a problem , just use better tactics. Well the tactics I have heard at defending Hookers Push is a total recipe for failure as of now. But using incremental use of points could give those tactics more credence.
    You can maybe toy around when having 'older' (maybe less effective) weapons to give more 'tickets/morale' on certain maps (also depend on the actual map).

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    Must say the CSA side is not always playing it smart. All sitting together in a line not caring about their flanks lot of times being one dimensional.
    Some in my regiment believe using scouts is a risk (getting killed alone costs precious tickets/morale), also sharpshooters or skirmisher are currently not favored as a viable tactic.
    Sure we adapted a more modern tactic in by using a 360° F.O.V. line where some look at the sides and some at the back (officers are also on the lookout, but ... they got other stuff to do).
    But I get the devs they want staying in formation being an advantage (mean we don't want 40 against 40 running around like chickens with a poking stick).

We will be back.
    Nice to hear, we are looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Numitor View Post
    I don't know if I'm missing something but from my experience the teams are almost always close to being even on numbers.
    Well luckily you can't really have unbalanced numbers (prevent the so called winning team joiners), if a faction has more players -> then you can only join the other faction.

CSA Major General

the problem with the balance at the time is not in itself the lack of fun... the lack of fun comes from the problematic balance, because the game will end so quickly that sometimes the opposing side (confed at the moment) does not have time to play. this concerns me, not because of fun, but I do not see how the devs can get an accurate picture if the matches last only a few minutes. I have tried to bring this up before, but folks continue to make the balance problem much LESS than it is.
    we all know (or at least I do) that balance is some thing that will be taken care of later and I accept that and expect it, but at this time something needs to be done or you will only have a couple of minute skirms as long as the II Corps plays as Fed. when they play as Confed the matches last longer, but they do not like loosing every match no matter how hard and well they fight. I have said it and those are the facts.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere before, if it has sorry for a repost. What if there was a way to gain moral back? Take and hold key points on the field not just one central point. Repel and enemy charge, kill an officer or flag bearer, or having a successful charge that breaks the enemy line. Things like this would actually lower an armies moral drastically, and raise the moral of the opposing force. Just a thought to try and balance the game without venturing to far out of the realm of historical accuracy. Just a though.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumpinMonkey View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere before, if it has sorry for a repost. What if there was a way to gain moral back? Take and hold key points on the field not just one central point. Repel and enemy charge, kill an officer or flag bearer, or having a successful charge that breaks the enemy line. Things like this would actually lower an armies moral drastically, and raise the moral of the opposing force. Just a thought to try and balance the game without venturing to far out of the realm of historical accuracy. Just a though.
    Defeating an enemy line/lowering their morale, receiving reinforcements, flag being picked back up(when flag mechanics are implemented), officer coming in to lead, taking a point, forming a line in formation, and etc.
    I suggested it here.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

I see..hence the disclaimer before I post..lol

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    The weaponry is a MAJOR element of problems now, hence the 1842. Despite some people saying it isnt a problem , just use better tactics. Well the tactics I have heard at defending Hookers Push is a total recipe for failure as of now. But using incremental use of points could give those tactics more credence.
    You can maybe toy around when having 'older' (maybe less effective) weapons to give more 'tickets/morale' on certain maps (also depend on the actual map).

I just want the 1842 to do its historical/realistic capability. As of now, its very far from it. Those two CSA Units in Hookers Push Skirmish wasnt even there at that exact time. It was all Georgia troops. As of now its nothing but a hypothetical what if skirmish. Give us the Georgia troops and then we can see about that.

USA General of the Army

Again, we understand it is Alpha and skirms are mini testing versions of the larger map.
    Very little is as it will become eventually so tactics will keep evolving.
    But when we have 5,298 people available to test the game and we can barely fill 1 server at peak times there is a problem and we see a major part of it being a recent shift in balance.

To answer the OP ... we are loving being Union.
    It is a cake walk and our recent videos have had great titles like ...
    Union Tastes their own Medicine
    Saturday Slaughter ... yet again
    Union Unit Rage Quits

Not sure how much is getting tested in these "Few Minute Fights" but since that doesn't seem that important we will keep going Union and laughing our asses off. It is entertaining, if nothing else.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.