Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: War of Rights High Activity Group

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'm talking about the people who don't check the forum. This game has 4,000 backers of Captain or greater who have Alpha access. 'Waiting for new content' doesn't keep 3950 players from joining the servers 6/7 days a week. You're never even going to get a 1/10th of your backers in the servers at the same time but the player engagement is still strikingly low considering the playability
    While certainly playable the amount of crashes and other issues will get to anyone eventually if exposed to it for long enough periods. If all goes as planned the engine upgrade should result in a more stable game (seasoned with lovely new bugs to sort out). A dropping player engagement is quite normal in instances where as early alphas as ours are being tested by backers.

I'd be interested in hearing from the "waiting for new content" crowd as to what exactly they are waiting for. It can't be new game systems (like the formation buff systems) nor can it be new units or skirmish areas - cavalry or artillery perhaps? They are going to be waiting for a long while if that's the case.

- Trusty

That's just a standard line I keep hearing. I'm just here, like... brah, it's Friday night - I have a life but I'd rather have no life and be sitting here playing WoR with a bunch of people who have no lives--but there's 1/80 on a server. 80. Eighty possible players. But that 80 has to start somewhere. Need to start handing out medals to these 1/80 heroes trying to get something going.

Edit: Yeah... the crashes are killer. At least they aren't constant for me.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 11-25-2017 at 01:52 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Better marketing, something encouraging players to play would definitely help. People are not playing, because people are not playing - we have to break this circle somehow. This High Activity Group is a nice idea, but I have not received a single notification yet... Something more like this should be introduced.

Maybe some ideas:
    motivating clans (companies) publicly announcing open skirmish play by rewards for these companies (achievement based medals added to company tool? nad to individual soldiers? specific uniform made for the most active company doing this?)
    publicly announced open testing with the dev team (or dev team and some friendly company)
    announcing big patches in advance (next week we will introduce...) and encouraging players to test it after the big release

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    While certainly playable the amount of crashes and other issues will get to anyone eventually if exposed to it for long enough periods. If all goes as planned the engine upgrade should result in a more stable game (seasoned with lovely new bugs to sort out). A dropping player engagement is quite normal in instances where as early alphas as ours are being tested by backers.

I'd be interested in hearing from the "waiting for new content" crowd as to what exactly they are waiting for. It can't be new game systems (like the formation buff systems) nor can it be new units or skirmish areas - cavalry or artillery perhaps? They are going to be waiting for a long while if that's the case.

- Trusty
    I am wating for qualified officers ... And flag spawn.

The level of command is so poor, its fustrating.
    Flag spawn seems obvious, no more running 3 miles to catch up with the Company, when you die.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    I am wating for qualified officers ... And flag spawn.

The level of command is so poor, its fustrating.
    Flag spawn seems obvious, no more running 3 miles to catch up with the Company, when you die.

Qualified officers you should find in your company or train together to get such a level.
    It is like waiting until you get rich not going to happen.

Second part the flag spawn will indeed be a improvement. Waiting for that indeed

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Profender View Post
    Qualified officers you should find in your company or train together to get such a level.
    It is like waiting until you get rich not going to happen.
    I dont agree .... Any trained Pvt are able to follow orders. Just like any army where you can be transfered into diffrent Companies, as needed.
    If the Pvt and officers knows thier drills, then you can serve anywhere, same rules, same way of conducting movements. You shut be able to fit in anywhere.

As a mature player (59) I expect order and disiplin. Firm leadership and intelligent movement based on the tatical situation, and the map. This is not present currently !

And ... I am filthy rich.
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 11-25-2017 at 01:35 PM.

CSA Major

I dont agree .... Any trained Pvt are able to follow orders. Just like any army where you can be transfered into diffrent Companies, as needed.
    If the Pvt and officers knows thier drills, then you can serve anywhere, same rules, same way of conducting movements. You shut be able to fit in anywhere.

As a mature player (59) I expect order and disiplin. Firm leadership and intelligent movement based on the tatical situation, and the map. This is not present currently !
    No need to agree. You keep waiting and expecting for that to happen wish you all the best with that sort of tactic.

USA Major

And ... I am filthy rich.
    Well not really as this isn't axectly and army and all companies resemble more of a militia as we all try as be like the army eah unit has different rules and ways of dealing with things. Even the units that follow handbooks and stuff like that, as there are alot of military handbooks. And as most people who play this game that aren't in a unit are mostly -18 tend to tell you to "fuck of and die" if you try and force any authority upon them as they never served in a military or just weren't beaten enough as a kid wich in turn makes it hard even for good officers to do anything with them as they do their own thing really no matter what and have a great talent fur undermining an officers authority as they start shouting their own order in line causing even more disorganisation.
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Captain

The low turnout on the servers is the fault of the community. There is to much adversity and divide amongst it. Maybe it's the nature of the game North vs South not your location but your affiliation. There needs to be more cooperation and understanding between the sides. All the infighting on these forums makes most loose interest. Might be something some might consider before they post.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by jwhal View Post
    The low turnout on the servers is the fault of the community. There is to much adversity and divide amongst it. Maybe it's the nature of the game North vs South not your location but your affiliation. There needs to be more cooperation and understanding between the sides. All the infighting on these forums makes most loose interest. Might be something some might consider before they post.
    There is no infight .... I replyed to a question.