Thread: A rant that should be concidered

A rant that should be concidered

ok so I'm sorry for this but I am gonna play advocate for everyone that would agree with me. We have been waiting for war of rights for a long time and I get it its a small team and still are trying to get funds to make the game. The only thing not all of us are gonna waist money on something that won't come out anytime soon which impacts how much money you guys make from backers. You guys are in alpha right now and have a choice; release the game in its alpha state and allow people that weren't gonna donate for something that won't come out for a while to purchase the game in its current state, and to be honest this should allow you guys to get the money you to develop the game faster. or you could wait longer and make sure the game is fully developed to release it impacting the possible funds you could make if released on steam sooner. I'm not gonna waist money right now on a game that might not come out for another 2 years and that hurts so badly cause I am looking forward to the game. I am the captain of the 3rd Virginia company A and I want to start leading my boys into battle now but I can't because A) I don't have it and B) the majority of men don't have it. Its gotten to the point where i want to help develop the game to make it go by somewhat quicker but I can't cause I'm still in High school. I've been waiting for this game since my 7th Grade year. That was 4 years ago. You would have all my 15 men playing this game as soon as it came on steam if you release it on steam soon. I'm sorry for this rant but I couldn't keep my mouth shut much longer.
    what do you guys think
    Virginians, Virginians with me who will come with me!
    General Lewis Armistead, on the fence of the Emmitsburg road,
    Gettysburg PA, 1863

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by dilloncoll View Post
    ok so I'm sorry for this but I am gonna play advocate for everyone that would agree with me. We have been waiting for war of rights for a long time and I get it its a small team and still are trying to get funds to make the game. The only thing not all of us are gonna waist money on something that won't come out anytime soon which impacts how much money you guys make from backers. You guys are in alpha right now and have a choice; release the game in its alpha state and allow people that weren't gonna donate for something that won't come out for a while to purchase the game in its current state, and to be honest this should allow you guys to get the money you to develop the game faster. or you could wait longer and make sure the game is fully developed to release it impacting the possible funds you could make if released on steam sooner. I'm not gonna waist money right now on a game that might not come out for another 2 years and that hurts so badly cause I am looking forward to the game. I am the captain of the 3rd Virginia company A and I want to start leading my boys into battle now but I can't because A) I don't have it and B) the majority of men don't have it. Its gotten to the point where i want to help develop the game to make it go by somewhat quicker but I can't cause I'm still in High school. I've been waiting for this game since my 7th Grade year. That was 4 years ago. You would have all my 15 men playing this game as soon as it came on steam if you release it on steam soon. I'm sorry for this rant but I couldn't keep my mouth shut much longer.
    what do you guys think
    You are correct; we have been waiting for quite some time, that is more than acceptable given the vision and scope that Campfire Games have for War of Rights. Whilst I cannot explictly divulge the financial situation of CFG, I do know that they are not wanting for funds given the incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign. The campaign (and consequential funds raised) enabled the development team to work full-time within their own schedule, without the top-down pressure from larger benefactors that is so often found in new start-ups. Early Access on Steam will come eventually when CFG are ready and feel that the product is viable for a larger market. We are currently in closed-alpha and should be considered as such in all proper definition - this is a technical demo. Do you understand what would happen if War of Rights was made available on Steam at this moment in time? CFG would take the money raised, use it for development and then watch as sales dry up - likely before completion. We would have an imcomplete game, a fragmented playerbase and a lack of funding for the project. There are only a finite number of consumers out there for any one product. CFG are properly managing their Kickstarter (and PayPal pledge) funds to build software that may properly resemble a video game for wider consumption.

It has been explained numerous times by TrustyJam that throwing more cash at the project does not necessarily increase the rate at which the product is developed. I am sure that he will be along shortly to explain this for the umpteenth time, or perhaps you would be willing to search around for this information yourself.

Forgive me for asking also but; if you are not content to 'waist' money on the game right now during the development phase, why would you bother if it was released as 'Early Access'?

Forgive my wording what I meant was that I would buy this game as soon as it came out in early acces. I wouldn’t get the game right through backing because a lot of us find it easier to purchase with steam because not all of us have pay pal or credit cards we do however have steam wallets that we the people use. Also my bad the whole cost thing I looked it up and I will retract my statement about the development issue. But don’t you guys think you’ll have a much larger player base if you release it on steam in early acces.
    Gettysburg PA, 1863

Quote Originally Posted by dilloncoll View Post
    Forgive my wording what I meant was that I would buy this game as soon as it came out in early acces. I wouldn’t get the game right through backing because a lot of us find it easier to purchase with steam because not all of us have pay pal or credit cards we do however have steam wallets that we the people use. Also my bad the whole cost thing I looked it up and I will retract my statement about the development issue. But don’t you guys think you’ll have a much larger player base if you release it on steam in early acces.
    Hello there.

We’ll most certainly have a bigger playerbase when releasing on Steam which is why we’re in not looking to release too early before the game is ready for it.

- Trusty

ok well thanks for your time considering. me and my will be looking forward to it when it finally does come out
    Gettysburg PA, 1863