Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Community Events (4pm EST/ 8PM EST)

USA General of the Army

Of course you did.
    Rebs won 3 of 4 during the First event of the evening.
    Anyone, who actually attended, have the numbers from the Second one?
    Thanks for the great turn-out, Gentlemen.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Captain

I was there, good battles.

Interesting that you would call a server crash a victory.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Scythian PJ View Post
    The Server crash elicited much swearing and was not counted among the Battles ... neither as a Win nor a Loss.

Yanks NEVER took control of the Point one single time all night.
    The only time they won they still never controlled Point and lost almost twice as many men as we did.
    Not exactly the "resounding Union carry" that has been making the rounds of the Parlor Soldiers is all I was pointing out.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Scythian PJ View Post
    An avoided battle is a won battle, so everyone won ... well at least a few minutes before a lead ball decides it's time for the Grimm Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I hear it was a resounding Union carry! I'll be back soon enough and am looking forwards to attending a few of these in the future.
    The CSA & UNION are pretty even matched in terms of skill and organisation in the latest events, both teams learn from the weekly showoffs

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    An avoided battle is a won battle, so everyone won ... well at least a few minutes before a lead ball decides it's time for the Grimm Reaper.

The CSA & UNION are pretty even matched in terms of skill and organisation in the latest events, both teams learn from the weekly showoffs
    You could say that the winners were everyone who would have died from that point forward had the server not crashed when it did. :P If they'd only had an unstable server for the real battle perhaps it wouldn't have been such a bloody day.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Was it a full blown server crash? Was everyone dumped from the game? Or just a certain number? Enquiring minds want to know. (This event, "crashing", apparently happened before I joined as I did not experience any "crash" for the hour or so I was on.)

Another Great Sunday EU & NA Event! Thanks to all that came and those who will be coming in the future. Brilliant Coordination and Teamwork on both the CSA & USA. I love the competitiveness and rivalries between companies, it gives everyone reason to come back and fight hard to sustain their momentum, or revenge their previous defeat. Both events were very well attended and had decisive and cutthroat battles. I look forward to seeing you gentlemen next Sunday for another few rounds! As far as crashing goes, there was 1 crash during the EU event but everyone hopped back in and got back to battle. I keep in contact via steam messages with all those who attend (Company Leadership) that wish to try an coordinate the events so both USA & CSA are on the same page. It makes things like server crashes not such a big deal as you can then immediately get the event back up and running within seconds.

The EU event was attended by several fine companies. The largest being Stonewall Jackson's II Corps and 6th Alabama. Both sides fought hard and I don't see any reason to belittle or play down either sides tenacity or skill. Win or lose everyone should be looking for a hard fought battle where both sides can walk away with mutual respect, and the events not turn into a public d*ck measuring contest. II Corps did an amazing job as I was there to witness first hand for the EU event, and the 51st NY really did a fantastic job during the NA event. Hats off to everyone who showed up, see you boys next week!

Video recorded by GeneralCody during the height of the EU Event! Thanks for always attending Cody!(Hoping to get some NA video posted here as well asap)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m9LDO7XKyk
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

I thought it was very cool, first time in the game. How did you zoom in on targets in the video? also how did you turn the fog off like that. All i saw was massive amount of fog.... thanks

USA General of the Army

The zoom on is an added after effect. No need to worry about it