Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Community Events (4pm EST/ 8PM EST)

USA Major

HI Fellow Warrors.. I just found this thread. I was getting frustrated at not finding any good meetings. Are you all planning to meet up this weekend? Sunday, 12/17, perhaps? I will look for you all.
    John Boy

CSA Captain

Hello stiffstarch

The best chance to find some action generally happens on weekends.

Start looking around

Sat 3-4 pm
    Sat 7-8 pm
    Sun 3-4 pm
    Sun 7-8 pm

Weekdays are hit or miss mostly a miss.

USA Major

Good job to 2nd Corps for winning the EU event today with a whopping 6-0 in favour of the union!
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Captain

Great job by you and your company Timo most of the maps felt more like loses but the system gave us the wins. We also fought different then we would being CSA knowing we had the moral/ticket advantage.

USA Major

Thanks, but the main reason was just we made some bad decisions in anticipating your moves, the last 2 maps we did alot better as we concentrated our forces and sent out scouts to see where you would come from and actually making some good choices, you guys managed to use our own mobility against us and you deserve the praise for it.
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Major

timo you guys did a great job its just that 85% of the maps are heavily weighted in favor the union no matter what csa does they cant win the new engine seems to help some but still not even close
    my next bet after the dev removed fort bush is that they wont let people rush cap just my thing but the monent i saw trusty playing csa 2 weeks ago and was wondering around fort bush i made a bet in our ts that the bush would be done and well guess what happend bush gone

REMEMBER THE BUSH the new csa battle cry

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    timo you guys did a great job its just that 85% of the maps are heavily weighted in favor the union no matter what csa does they cant win the new engine seems to help some but still not even close
    my next bet after the dev removed fort bush is that they wont let people rush cap just my thing but the monent i saw trusty playing csa 2 weeks ago and was wondering around fort bush i made a bet in our ts that the bush would be done and well guess what happend bush gone

REMEMBER THE BUSH the new csa battle cry
    The maps are exactly as heavily "favored" union as they were before the introduction of the formation system - yet the confederates have a higher starting morale/tickets than they did prior to its introduction.

The bush was removed as the focus of the Pry Ford map is open field combat and not a close up study of the flora of Maryland.

I'm not saying the balance is perfect - it shouldn't be at this stage of development, nor should it be expected to be.

- Trusty

I'm wondering how much it is due to team work. Like on Burnside Bridge, the Union won during the earlier event and lost badly this evening.

CSA Major

zen that was the only map we lost all day we one 9 lost one were trying different starts on the bridge map at nite and about 1/3 of the union team wouldnt help us cause we were csa in the afternoon everyone helped
    the csa should never lose the bridge map just like in real life they held it
    40 people trying to go over a bridge covered by 40 other people should never work and in the war the csa easily held the bridge just like they should have

games were fun and the bush was nice to look at the flora of maryland is very pretty when seen up close really is

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I'm wondering how much it is due to team work. Like on Burnside Bridge, the Union won during the earlier event and lost badly this evening.
    I was at both events (EU & NA) playing Union, and in my opinion the main differences where :

First event (EU)

1) The first push on the bridge from the USA was 'very' succesfull, making the CSA scatter and making room for USA to get reïnforcements safely over the bridge.
    2) The USA was able to overrun the scattered CSA (who some fell back to point or the fence behind) and take a position behind the rocks at 'cap'.
    3) The USA slowly capped and could prevent a all or nothing rush from the CSA.

The second event (NA) :

1) The pushes towards bridge where less succesfull (CSA went for defending the brigde instead of lingering on at spawn/cap).
    2) The Union was trickling in over the bridge and the survivors where trapped at both banks, with their numbers to low to make a pinch maneuvre or act as a disctration to pull away a main force.
    3) Not all the same people and the issue 'Sal' already adressed.

I fully agree with 'Sal' if you can hold the bridge as a choke point, it will be very very hard for the USA to win ... once the get over in full force ... the CSA has a disadvantage.