Thread: Differing Game Difficulties

Differing Game Difficulties

Alright, so, this dawned on me while actually studying for a test.

We constantly have debates on how realistic people want the game to be, right? Some people want some realism, reloading takes time, formations, etc etc. but with the aspects of a game (i.e., bonuses for being in formation or multi-hit bayonets). Some people though want everything to be very realistic, true life levels, if you reload twice or mess up your rifle can end up firing two balls and be damaged and stuff like that. Why don't we just make a casual mode, and hardcore or realistic mode, something like that. Both parties can have their own thing and not constantly complain about it being too realistic and not fun or unrealistic and not fun. This is not something I would implement until Early Access at the earliest as the mechanics of the game need to be tested, period.

CSA Captain

Making several modes (normal, realistic, classic) was a killer for Red Orchestra. Dividing the community is a bad design decision, it would lead to split the player base into two smaller groups.

So, devs, please NO to this suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMcMuffin View Post
    (i.e., bonuses for being in formation or multi-hit bayonets).
    Both of those are realistic features, though.

Also the point of War of Rights is realism. To split up the community is a spit in the face to people who've already bought it.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Captain

There's too much of a 'play it your way' attitude in development these days.

The devs should just design the game the way they want it to be played and make it fun. They shouldn't have to waste time incorporating everyone's personal preference, that's what mods are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    Making several modes (normal, realistic, classic) was a killer for Red Orchestra. Dividing the community is a bad design decision, it would lead to split the player base into two smaller groups.

So, devs, please NO to this suggestion.
    The community will already divide itself when private servers come out between people who want the really realistic stuff and such. I’m just suggesting it so we stop having people constantly complain about not having features to make things more “realistic” and they forget it’s a game, not re-enacting.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by takerith View Post
    there's too much of a 'play it your way' attitude in development these days.

The devs should just design the game the way they want it to be played and make it fun. They shouldn't have to waste time incorporating everyone's personal preference, that's what mods are for.

^^^^this!!!

USA General of the Army

Exactly what we have been saying all along ...
    Even our Reenactors are not intending to play this game to Lose.
    Historical Accuracy does not mean Repeating History or playing to Reenact the Southern Defeat.

We view the great attention to Historical Detail as a Marvel that allows greater Immersion NOT a Blueprint for an expected Outcome.
    We Play for Fun and to Win in a Historical Setting.
    Perhaps a Reenactment Server would suit some of the Community and is well worth looking into, imo.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Exactly what we have been saying all along ...
    Even our Reenactors are not intending to play this game to Lose.
    Historical Accuracy does not mean Repeating History or playing to Reenact the Southern Defeat.

We view the great attention to Historical Detail as a Marvel that allows greater Immersion NOT a Blueprint for an expected Outcome.
    We Play for Fun and to Win in a Historical Setting.
    Perhaps a Reenactment Server would suit some of the Community and is well worth looking into, imo.
    A reenactment server would be something more suited for a different type of game difficulty or something of that sorts. I know people will make mods to appease a yearning for a hyper-realistic game experience, might as well just have an official option. Mods can add complications and be strange and buggy. Of course, this would be a very low priority, but it is available for people who want it so it works well with the game. A lot of people will come to this game when Beta or Early Access come around and will want a hyper-realistic experience, and modding won't be around until I assume full release.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 11-28-2017 at 07:18 PM.