Thread: Civil War Battlefield Rivals

Civil War Battlefield Rivals

Found an article that said during a confrontation at the First Bull Run the Louisiana Tigers became rivals with the 14th Brooklyn..

"While the 14th Brooklyn and 11th New York Volunteer Infantry were briefly in control of the two guns, the Louisiana Tigers advanced up the hill. The 14th and 11th fired upon the battalion from their superior position, causing significant losses. The Tigers then fired their own rifles, and the majority of the 14th fell to their knees. Encouraged by this, the Tigers dropped their rifles and took out their Bowie knives in an attempt to finish off the survivors. As the Tigers neared the crest of the hill, the 14th Brooklyn stood up. Though both the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers, who had left their rifles at the bottom of the hill, were poorly trained and lacked real wartime experience, a savage hand-to-hand fight began between the two units. Though the Tigers fought with ferocity and determination, the 14th Brooklyn had the superior field position and eventually the Tigers retreated back down the hill. This brief confrontation permanently made the 14th Brooklyn and the Tigers rivals."

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this, or if their were other regiments that were battlefield rivals.

-Monkey

USA 1st Lieutenant

Sounds like a fight to see who had the strangest pants!

Best,
    Dman979

I cannot confirm it, but there were probably regiments that had temporary rivalries in certain battles (because of the likelihood they may see each other again), if they even knew who the other unit was.

USA Sergeant

I see we're already getting avatars from the new JonTron episode.

Besides that I would say this definitely sounds like something that could've happened. I think it's safe to say it's plausible until we have evidence to say otherwise.
    Last edited by crazychester1247; 11-29-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

Quote Originally Posted by crazychester1247 View Post
    I see we're already getting avatars from the new JonTron episode.

Besides that I would say this definitely sounds like something that could've happened. I think it's safe to say it's plausible until we have evidence to say otherwise.
    “Stop! Don’t say another word!”

I saw that face and fell out of my chair laughing, lol, good spot!