First of all let me be clear about one thing, WoR is my dream game, I was a re-enactor for many years & have studied the American Civil War all my life. From what I have seen so far, WoR itself seems to be on the right track, but some future plans have left me with grave doubts for the success of this title.

My main concern is the plan to allow private servers. War of Rights is an ambitious project in itself & the one thing it will need, above all else, to make this a success is....players in numbers. It simply will not work with ten players per map in the way that many other titles can do, in my honest opinion private servers will be a massive hindrance to this game, because they will water down the player base to the point where we no longer have sufficient numbers to represent a Civil War encounter. Let us be honest, this is a niche' title, it will not attract the amount of players that most FPS titles do.

A secondary doubt, but one linked to the first, concerns Holdfast Nations at War. Napoleonic is not top of my list of interests that's for sure but I have played Warband and more recently, Holdfast. Public servers, for both of those games was, to put it politely, like Call of Duty with muskets. I fully understand that these are not simulations, that compromises between historical accuracy and game play have to be made so that's really not the issue. As has been seen during Alpha, left to their own devices players will do as they please, and the company has done nothing to stop that, team killing is a real problem & that's just in alpha! Imagine what it will be like in public. Holdfast & Warband both saw common problems, with Rambo bayonet charging, bunny hopping etc etc.......not boding well for the future integrity of WoR.

The need, in my opinion, for at least some controlled public servers for WoR is paramount. I believe private servers will be a fatal move for WoR. I really want this title to succeed, but I have very serious doubts about it.