Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a bad feeling about this:

ok so i have been playing M&B NW for like 4 years or so and this is what i think:
    if you want 100% historically accurate battles,join a regiment/company/guild or whatever it's called in this game. The fact that there are going to be private servers is actually a great bonus, people who are interested in playing "COD with muskets" or 1v1 melee duels or even cav vs cav battles will have their own servers to play on however i believe that the majority of the ppl who buy this game are looking for historical accuracy so Role Playing servers are always gonna attract more players. In M&B there are servers with admins enforcing the rules, they slay rambos or people who TK or do not follow their officers' orders even if that means charging into 10 units 1v10. These admins can also ban hackers/trolls etc. Now back to my first point if u want 100% historical accuracy then join a squad, there are going to be events designed for realistic line vs line battles with extremely strict rules, and people who are interested in other aspects of the game can just go ahead and join other squads.

I have been a member of a squad for like 2 years, the most historically accurate napoleonic war game that i have ever played were the events organised by my regiment, we have recently started a regiment for Holdfast, and 2 days ago i played an event in Holdfast witch was very realistic and fun, plus there are going to be practice sessions and what not. The only thing that worries me is that ppl are gonna fight over the army general position in public servers, and there can only be 2 generals in the game.

Also my favorite mod in M&B is commander battle, in that mode, every player is a commander of about 28 AI units, u can easily command them using the F keys and even despite the understandably dreadful AI in M&B it works like a charm, u can see lines of infantry supported by cav marching and fighting, depicting all the paintings from the real battles from the era, it is the most amazing depiction of Napoleonic battles I've ever seen in any game, hope they will implement this mod on this game too once it's fully released.
    Last edited by illidan1371; 12-03-2017 at 11:44 AM.

CSA Captain

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I think I need to clarify something, I'm not against private servers at all, my concern is just that too many of them could/might/may dilute to player base to the point where we struggle to fill the ranks.