Thread: To buy now, or to buy later

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

To buy now, or to buy later

Hello, all. I'm new here and I have a simple question. I asked it on another guy's post since I wasn't able to make my own thread before. Now that I have permission, I'll just paste my original question below:

I am very eager to get a hold of this game, but I don't have $65 to shell out in order to play the Alpha. What I'm wondering is whether the price of the pledges will go up as the game's development moves towards Beta, early access, and release, will it? I could probably buy a Sgt. or Cpl. but paying 30+ for something I won't receive for an untold number of months isn't such a great idea for me. So, should I go ahead and buy the Sgt./Cpl. or is it okay for me to wait a while, there being no price hike?

My profile pic is of my 4th great grandfather btw. Served in the 7th Tennessee Infantry, Company K (CSA). Lived long enough after the war (died in1939) to have his picture taken with a badass mustache.

Thanks in advance for replies.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    The thing you need to consider.

With the current status of the funding drive, you can accumulate donations. Pay $10.oo now, two weeks later, or as you have it, drop another $20.oo or whatever. Eventually it'll all add up to $65.oo for Alpha access.

Point being, most guys that have purchased early access are damned glad they did. You can be among that number if you hurry!

Like A.P. Hill said, most people who buy the Alpha have enjoyed their purchase and I think it's a hell of a lot of fun. However, it is in Alpha and therefore content is limited, there are bugs, and it can be very frustrating at times. IF you really want to play and experience it, bugs and content be damned, then I would recommend purchasing Alpha. If you are interested in the game and want to see where it will go, hold off. If you also think you may get burnt out easily or you know you get burnt out easily from lack of content, hold off until Beta and buy Sergeant or Corporal.

I bought Civ6, whoa... If you did that then you know what I mean about Big Titles and Big disappointments. I haven't immersed myself yet but heck it's just fun. If you ADORE the Civil War then I think you are gonna have to have it.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Like A.P. Hill said, most people who buy the Alpha have enjoyed their purchase and I think it's a hell of a lot of fun. However, it is in Alpha and therefore content is limited, there are bugs, and it can be very frustrating at times. IF you really want to play and experience it, bugs and content be damned, then I would recommend purchasing Alpha. If you are interested in the game and want to see where it will go, hold off. If you also think you may get burnt out easily or you know you get burnt out easily from lack of content, hold off until Beta and buy Sergeant or Corporal.
    This is all true, however i'll add that there's tons of fully released games out there that are just as buggy, if not more. Personally i'll usually experience 1-2 crashes every second hour when playing(some people tend to crash more than this) and then there's the fixing of the ingame voice(which takes like 2 mins to fix yourself), and i believe that's the only real bugs i've encountered so far. Ofc more might arise as the game develops, but when i bought the game i expected alot less than what i got, so i definitely think it's worth it.

Its only money right? A box or two of pizza costs us just as much, well Not so its 90 Canadian to go to Capt. Still didn't matter i want to see this game release.