Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and Feelings

Thoughts and Feelings

Bought the game I think on Wednesday Night. I have 17 years of experience in Vintage Shooters.(BF42, WW2Online, Verdun, few others) Most degrade pretty quick into gamy neat things.

Gripes:
    The games seems to freeze up, tried updating drivers but a few freezes(5 or 6). Not unexpected with an Alpha Title though!
    The graphics are good but soldiers in any type of cover of any kind are really difficult to make out.(it's very hard to tell friend from foe, very hard to pick out soldiers from terrain) Things get very blurry out there, they should be pretty crisp. As about 20 of us played on the NA Server tonight. I Swear a soldier sat on Burnside's Bridge and from about 100 yards away 10 shots missed him. Of course after my 4th shot I think moved up at around 25 yards and nailed him after he missed me 3 or 4 times. I tested this on the Drill... got about 7 out of 10 shots on target on all 3 Targets. I do realize this is probably pretty realistic considering my experience. Though the graphics need some ironing out. I also wonder about sharpshooting mode? Some soldiers were very good shots, (few) is that a possibility in this game so far it appears rather random?

I love the Historical Feel(it is likely one of a kind), the historical setting, the limitations put in place. For a shooter I am feeling this is going to be entertaining in BIG battle mode. The weapons are very real feeling. The players seem pretty devoted. I have been awaiting a Civil War Shooter for quite some time. I do hope that Melee and some of the other things that may need addressing as well as clearing up some of the graphics get covered and nobody bows to the Money Making potential of adding in ahistorical items. Also I hope to see this thing hit the mainstream and a large chaotic battle.

Teamkilling was quite dreadful tonight, I did it once or twice. I had it done to me several times. Most but one were unintentional ...

Thanks for making the game and keep working on it please!

Quote Originally Posted by OleSawedBones View Post
    Bought the game I think on Wednesday Night. I have 17 years of experience in Vintage Shooters.(BF42, WW2Online, Verdun, few others) Most degrade pretty quick into gamy neat things.

Gripes:
    The games seems to freeze up, tried updating drivers but a few freezes(5 or 6). Not unexpected with an Alpha Title though!
    The graphics are good but soldiers in any type of cover of any kind are really difficult to make out.(it's very hard to tell friend from foe, very hard to pick out soldiers from terrain) Things get very blurry out there, they should be pretty crisp. As about 20 of us played on the NA Server tonight. I Swear a soldier sat on Burnside's Bridge and from about 100 yards away 10 shots missed him. Of course after my 4th shot I think moved up at around 25 yards and nailed him after he missed me 3 or 4 times. I tested this on the Drill... got about 7 out of 10 shots on target on all 3 Targets. I do realize this is probably pretty realistic considering my experience. Though the graphics need some ironing out. I also wonder about sharpshooting mode? Some soldiers were very good shots, (few) is that a possibility in this game so far it appears rather random?

I love the Historical Feel(it is likely one of a kind), the historical setting, the limitations put in place. For a shooter I am feeling this is going to be entertaining in BIG battle mode. The weapons are very real feeling. The players seem pretty devoted. I have been awaiting a Civil War Shooter for quite some time. I do hope that Melee and some of the other things that may need addressing as well as clearing up some of the graphics get covered and nobody bows to the Money Making potential of adding in ahistorical items. Also I hope to see this thing hit the mainstream and a large chaotic battle.

Teamkilling was quite dreadful tonight, I did it once or twice. I had it done to me several times. Most but one were unintentional ...

Thanks for making the game and keep working on it please!
    I would go to options and turn the dept of field option off see how you like that.
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

Thanks for the feedback and the support!

As noted in the above comment, turning off the dynamic depth of field will clear some things up for you.

We’re currently working on upgrading engine version and once deployed, you will see a pretty huge difference in sharpness in the distance.

We have no intention of adding weapons that have no place there.

- Trusty

USA Major

To me the inability to tell friend from foe is frustrating at times, yet realistic. There are so many accounts of troops firing on their own men and it was perhaps one of the most disturbingly significant ongoing tragedies of the war.

Welcome to WOR and these forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    To me the inability to tell friend from foe is frustrating at times, yet realistic. There are so many accounts of troops firing on their own men and it was perhaps one of the most disturbingly significant ongoing tragedies of the war.

Welcome to WOR and these forums!
    I am pretty sure, once the flag bearer spawn system is in, alot of lines will use flags. Might be easier to recognize your own troops

What Hinkel said. I would say that really, the only issues I have with the game that the developers can fix (I am only saying developers, community stuff we need to fix) are the crashing, graphical glitches, and some of the bugs. One major thing that annoys me is the animation glitches. My guy will keep freaking out and changing animations, aiming, shoulder arms, go half way then go back, changing weapons can cause glitches also and that really annoys me. Other than that, I love the game and I am excited to see the future of it!

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by OleSawedBones View Post
    I Swear a soldier sat on Burnside's Bridge and from about 100 yards away 10 shots missed him. Of course after my 4th shot I think moved up at around 25 yards and nailed him after he missed me 3 or 4 times. I tested this on the Drill... got about 7 out of 10 shots on target on all 3 Targets. I do realize this is probably pretty realistic considering my experience.
    There are quite a few past threads that discuss targeting, ballistics, how the targets work in drill camp versus skirmish server, etc. The dev team (unless recently changed) have stated that changing the firing range targets to use ballistics versus the current "laser line-of-sight" (I forget the official term they called it) was not a major priority at the moment. So if you're using the firing range in drill camp, the hit on target is based on where you were aiming when you pulled the trigger, as if a laser beam could be run from your rifle to the target, no ballistics used. Not trying to sound like a douche, throw the dev team under the bus, or anything like that. Just wanting you to have a clear understanding so you don't accidentally misinterpret what you might be experiencing.

Regards,
    Civil War Ancestors:

Thank you all for the answers, I do hope the graphics get just slightly more clear in the upcoming Beta-Release. I have tried the graphical alterations suggested and I am going to go into a large game perhaps tonight to re-test things. I tried fighting with an Italian guy this morning and we called hits and different ranges and different cover. At about 100-200 yards he is rather hard to make out. I do realize that in gaming that's about right. We hit about 90% of the time, kills were not so frequent. About 10-25% of the time..(but Drill may differ from in game)

This was invaluable though in the aiming process. Sights are hard to hold, I also wonder about a Prone-More Stable Siting or using a fence say to hold my rifle sight steady?

(I cannot wait to see the enhancements keep working and don't rush release)

That's great to hear. I loaded it up and did what you suggested. It was sorta laggy feeling and i have a 1070ti SC black edition video card. But the quality felt so nice on Ultra. Just say.... it was good is all just a tad buggy, and logging off etc.. also something in the resources was messed up - as i was typing passwords in the forums to sign up it would keep beeping and i would have to go slower. Really odd but thought i should mention that part. Hard to explain but i can.

Oh you didn't like the Arc, feeling of the bloom-blur effect?