Thread: Kneeling next to just about anything

USA Lieutenant General

Kneeling next to just about anything

I'm sure this is a known issue already, as it's been around for as long as I can remember. But there's nothing more frustrating than trying to kneel beside a fence, bush or a tree while under fire only to remain standing while your little status at the bottom right corner tells you that you are, in fact, kneeling. Followed by several agonizing seconds of having to move to the side so that your boy "stands up" despite already being stuck standing against your will, and then having to find a more suitable position to kneel so as to avoid doing the same thing all over again. Meanwhile, hostile bullets are tearing up your beautiful clothes and rudely knocking your hat off, if not your head.

Please fix my knees so that I may once again kneel as I please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Kaizer View Post
    I'm sure this is a known issue already, as it's been around for as long as I can remember. But there's nothing more frustrating than trying to kneel beside a fence, bush or a tree while under fire only to remain standing while your little status at the bottom right corner tells you that you are, in fact, kneeling. Followed by several agonizing seconds of having to move to the side so that your boy "stands up" despite already being stuck standing against your will, and then having to find a more suitable position to kneel so as to avoid doing the same thing all over again. Meanwhile, hostile bullets are tearing up your beautiful clothes and rudely knocking your hat off, if not your head.

Please fix my knees so that I may once again kneel as I please.
    Most likely won't be a quick fix. It's to do with you hugging the objects too closely so your player collision box is trying to intersect with the object you're hugging.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Same with jumping the fence while a friendly is on the other side, or kneeling while everyone is pushing to be in close formation
    Well you can get some funny stuff going while playing around with the 'boxes'.

For now the problems haven't been serious, like hugging a wall and trying to clip through it to shoot ... (had one occasion at the mill when one shot trough a high window near the door)

Be carefull Kane, I hear doctors have a 'modus operandi' for fixing various kinds of probs.

Bonesaw.jpg
    Last edited by Redleader; 12-21-2017 at 10:38 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

Three things that drive me up the wall currently about the game regarding bugs.

1) The kneeling issue spoke of here. I hate having my hat blown off, and it is good to know this is a shared frustration.

2) Trying to aim, only to be brought back to shoulder arms and you cannot aim again for a few seconds then dying, and the enemy just stares at you as you have what appears to be a minor stroke.

3) Not being able to jump a fence for five or more seconds, finally doing so only to be promptly shot in the ass as you vault it.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 12-22-2017 at 07:56 PM.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    3) Not being able to jump a fence for five or more seconds, finally doing so only to be promptly shot in the ass as you vault it.
    I usually get that after running some distances, like I'm to tired to jump the fence (which would be accurate ).
    Or when I run straight against the fence and it's look I'm blocked against it.

We also had a strange bug when we ask some players to take one side of the fence and they tell they are already on that side (Visuals say otherwise for some players)
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    I usually get that after running some distances, like I'm to tired to jump the fence (which would be accurate ).
    Or when I run straight against the fence and it's look I'm blocked against it.

We also had a strange bug when we ask some players to take one side of the fence and they tell they are already on that side (Visuals say otherwise for some players)
    I'll get it in a variety of situations, running after a while, not running, double quick, etc.