Thread: Virtual Arsenal system

CSA Brigadier General

Virtual Arsenal system

I was wondering if for final release, we should consider putting our own spin on ArmA III's Virtual Arsenal.

For those of you that don't know, Virtual Arsenal is a tool in ArmA III that gives players full access to every piece of equipment in the game, ranging from hats to tanks, to experiment with customizing their loadout.

pics some examples of my goofing around on the Arsenal during off hours. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of BDUs and old school AR-15s.

107410_screenshots_2014-10-19_00001.jpg 107410_screenshots_2014-09-19_00001.jpg 107410_screenshots_2014-09-20_00001.jpg

Although War of Rights obviously will only feature far more limited customization for the sake of maintaining accuracy, that doesn't mean the player can't have fun with it.

I'm thinking we make it a system that's part customization, part history lesson. Where players are free to spend their look at every individual piece of equipment detail, from buttons and belts, to swords, rifles, and pistols. Each piece of equipment has a short summary, telling the player its purpose, its operational history, where and when it was manufactured, and what units used it.

I'll post a pair examples below

Columbus Depot Jacket

columbus.JPG

Year: 1862

Manufacturer: Army Depot in Columbus, Georgia

First issued in late 1862, this simple five button grey and indigo shell jacket was widely issued to infantry in the Army of Tennessee in an attempt to standardize uniforms in light of the inadequacy of the commutation system

M1841 Mississippi Rifle

84cae7c3c3ca59bba37692d910eab395.jpg

Year: 1841

Manfacturer: Harpers Ferry Armory, Harpers Ferry, Virginia

The first ever standard issue rifle accepted into US Military service, this weapon earned its nickname in the Mexican-American War when future Confederate President Jefferson Davis had his personal regiment, the Mississippi Rifles outfitted with them. The "Mississippi" quickly proved itself to be a superb weapon and remained popular even with advent of more advanced weapons 20 years later.
    Hit that Subscribe Button

https://www.youtube.com/user/360Nomad

Hi there!

While we don't plan on a system like the virtual arsenal we do plan on having a detailed encyclopedia featuring all the assets and regiments, etc in the game (think selecting a hardee hat in the uniform/hat selection and viewing it in 3D while also being presented with information about this item all in the menu).

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Hi there!

While we don't plan on a system like the virtual arsenal we do plan on having a detailed encyclopedia featuring all the assets and regiments, etc in the game (think selecting a hardee hat in the uniform/hat selection and viewing it in 3D while also being presented with information about this item all in the menu).

- Trusty
    A 3D 'inspector' mode of the arsenal and equipment would be really cool to see, hope we get to see it eventually. But I get what Extracrispi is asking for, I think some people love it in a game where they can go totally all out and in a closed environment, customize and put together whatever they want and mess around some, myself included. Especially when the equipment and weapons and models are so exquisitely detailed, and with customization as a planned feature, it would be equally cool to see a feature like this. But, if a modkit is released, I bet someone will instantly do that.

USA Captain

maybe outer face should be limited by a soldier's company and supply amount