Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some thoughts on the upcoming flag bearer feature and line stuff.

I kind of feel like spawning immediately on a line is weird as well. You can potentially have a 'line' in combat doubling in size in an instant. Why not take into consideration the number of players in that line and only allow a trickleback of spawnees rather than allow 5 players and a flag bearer to poop out the rest of the team? For example... you have a line with 10... you can get a new guy every minute... 20... every 30 seconds... 30... every 15 seconds... 40 ... every 10 seconds. Just an idea.

I'm definitely envisioning a better spawn interface where a player can select a line to spawn or a base spawn. Automatically spawning randomly between flag bearer locations (assuming there's more than one) is definitely no bueno.

Exactly, it has to be perfectly done or it will tip the balance in a heartbeat.
    So your about to take over that line, all of a sudden you just went from 5 enemy to 30 in a matter of 1 minute.

I sorta like the FOB idea more. Once constructed, heavy defended, you can start operations from that. Forward Flags can spawn maybe 5 more troops? I dunno seems complicated to get it perfectly done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I kind of feel like spawning immediately on a line is weird as well. You can potentially have a 'line' in combat doubling in size in an instant. Why not take into consideration the number of players in that line and only allow a trickleback of spawnees rather than allow 5 players and a flag bearer to poop out the rest of the team? For example... you have a line with 10... you can get a new guy every minute... 20... every 30 seconds... 30... every 15 seconds... 40 ... every 10 seconds. Just an idea.

I'm definitely envisioning a better spawn interface where a player can select a line to spawn or a base spawn. Automatically spawning randomly between flag bearer locations (assuming there's more than one) is definitely no bueno.
    Only one player will be able to spawn at the flag bearer at a set interval (like every 30 seconds or so.)

And yes, you'll be able to select either the flag bearer or the base spawn wave in the deployment screen.

- Trusty