Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSA accuracy at Bloody Lane...

CSA Captain

CSA accuracy at Bloody Lane...

What used to be "fish in a barrel" kill in this skirmish has turned into a miracle shot for the CSA. Total bullshit, getting tired of nothing to fix CSA problems. I only wish I hadnt made that 237 dollar pledge. And I'm sure this post will get deleted, but I recommend no one buying into the game now. If the Union is bitching ( which I know they are/have ), have done far less for the development of the game, they sat on their ass during "Technical Alpha" with only CSA players giving any kinda feedback and this is how we get treated??

USA General of the Army

.....I can't even follow what's trying to be said here.....

He is mad that a lot of maps/mechanics (although I myself am inferring mechanics) fuck the CSA over basically

USA General of the Army

Ah okay. I don't see what the fuss is about :/. It's a small temporary error in balance that will be fixed in time.
    Last edited by Bravescot; 12-08-2017 at 12:53 PM.

I’m sorry you’re regretting supporting the game based off of alpha balance.

Seems to me like you don’t understand what an alpha is and judge the current build as a finished and released game.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Although Goad is spot on with his assessment of the extreme Imbalance ... Trusty is completely Right ...
    This is a Tech Alpha, and as such, is NOTHING close to the finished product we will enjoy at Release.
    Granted, it is almost completely unplayable at this stage but we continue to attend weekend Events to help them find Errors so the project can move along more rapidly and become the game we envision for our future enjoyment.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Lieutenant General

Not really understanding the accuracy thing. Did someone miss that very recent game where the Union suffered over 200 losses and Confederates only around 125 losses on Bloody Lane? Granted, our officers weren't using their heads very often, and we still just barely won, but the CSA players didn't seem to be having much difficulty hitting their mark. Complaining about losing due to tickets/morale is another issue, though. Also, that's a very nice generalization, that Union players don't give any feedback. Especially considering that the reason why the Union's main player base dried up much faster back in the summer was because the game was extremely balanced against us and it felt like nobody was taking our complaints seriously, either. How about just waiting for more patches to come out like everyone else?

CSA Captain

As a casual reader of the forums, Im more concerned about the slow souring of a once mature and reasonable forum than the current 'needs improving' state of the game.

On the flipside though any player who voices their concerns (however bluntly) should be responded too with maturity and calm.
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 12-08-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Major

Here's my question, since when did the game become about winning the round?

I truthfully do not care who wins the round at the end, because I have fun with this game and to me that is winning. If we want to get technical I count a win depending on the casualties inflicted on each side, and the length of the round depending on which side I am on. Since the return of the Sunday Events I have won every single round, except for the occasional game crash, and then the game won that.

I personally think we really shouldn't pay as much attention to who won/lost the round. If the side you're playing on did great, and made a great stand, or attacks, and worked well together, then in my opinion you won. As stated above this is only Tech Alpha; the game is nowhere close to being finished. We are testers, and we are testing what works, and doesn't work. This cannot simply happen overnight, it takes time. Keep up the work Devs.

1st Lt. Zachariah Walsh
    3rd NC Co. A

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by zwood View Post
    Here's my question, since when did the game become about winning the round?

I truthfully do not care who wins the round at the end, because I have fun with this game and to me that is winning. If we want to get technical I count a win depending on the casualties inflicted on each side, and the length of the round depending on which side I am on. Since the return of the Sunday Events I have won every single round, except for the occasional game crash, and then the game won that.

I personally think we really shouldn't pay as much attention to who won/lost the round. If the side you're playing on did great, and made a great stand, or attacks, and worked well together, then in my opinion you won. As stated above this is only Tech Alpha; the game is nowhere close to being finished. We are testers, and we are testing what works, and doesn't work. This cannot simply happen overnight, it takes time. Keep up the work Devs.
    I have to agree with this wholeheartedly. I'm having a blast and sometimes I don't understand why one team won or the other. Part of is I don't really understand what measures into who wins or not. Also, I can only see what's going on in my little corner of the battlefield. Clearly there is more I can't see and that certainly factors in. My little group of guys I'm fighting with may have made some heroic stand, or a grand charge that broke the enemy and I feel entitled to a win, but then there is other stuff I didn't see.

I've only been playing for maybe 3 weeks and from what I've seen, the results of who won have been pretty well-balanced and if anything, the CSA has won more rounds in my experience. So like zwood, I feel like if we stop worrying about who the game says won and just enjoy some crisp battles, some good teamwork, appreciate and respect the enemy in front of us if for no other reason they give us someone to fight against, then our enjoyment of the game should be front and center.