Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lead a platoon last night again

USA Major

At this point I think it is quite crucial to accept everyone that come to you and shows enthousiasm, everyone at least paid 70 $, wich means they are atleast somewhat willing to play this game in a proper manner and not just troll around, the amount of good men you will miss by turning down people is just outweighing the amount of bad ones you will have to let go, I only started this unit 3 1\2 month ago and yet we are already one of the biggest and quite good out there and are serious to a certain degree, we only had to kick 2 guys who where trolls the rest of the guys do great especially if you help them out in the beginning and train them alot.
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Agreed, but not fully. Recruiting everyone and anyone that shows an interest is fine.
    Well it's like getting a job, you scout some regiments and see who you can join, but I also believe we can except some dedication and some mutual respect.
    I've seen clans breakup or people who would stop playing cause people don't get along, and yes it is the role of a 'leader' to prevent escalation.
    I get what you're trying to say Bravescot and I appreciate people coaching and putting energy in investing into people.
    Luckily most of the players are genuinly interested in the game and are respectfull (sure, we do get the whole Union/CSA roleplay thing on the forums ... I call it immersion and Psychological Warfare ).

Quote Originally Posted by JTW View Post
    Yeah i agree with this, i think everyone should get a fair chance if they're interested in joining. From my perspective it's more up to the leadership to show the way and tell them what's expected from them, and what kind of behavior isn't welcome etc. Besides, everyone can have off nights where they act like a prick, despite being good guys, so second chances and working together to avoid bad behaviour is key as well.
    Certainly a point when saying people can have an off day or there is some miscommunication or things get heated for some reason, a bit of perspective is sometimes needed.
    I'm just not in for taking the first best offer then to see things don't work out, they might work out fine though.
    At the moment players might join the active companies just to play in group. (nothing wrong with that really)

It wasn't a comment on new players, I welcome new players ... but I hope they find a good group where everyone feels good.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    Certainly a point when saying people can have an off day or there is some miscommunication or things get heated for some reason, a bit of perspective is sometimes needed.
    I'm just not in for taking the first best offer then to see things don't work out, they might work out fine though.
    At the moment players might join the active companies just to play in group. (nothing wrong with that really)

It wasn't a comment on new players, I welcome new players ... but I hope they find a good group where everyone feels good.
    I mean what other units are there to join but the active ones, there isn't any point in getting the game for 70$ to join a unit that is dead or is waiting for full release.
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Timo420 View Post
    At this point I think it is quite crucial to accept everyone that come to you and shows enthousiasm
    It's a small 'nuance' that the player itself is asking to join instead of 'a recruiter/recruiters' trying to recruit everybody new who gets in.
    I'm just a bit more reluctant and don't like to hasten things, but that's just my personal feeling.
    I used to jump the gun more ... and well sometimes you get shot

CSA Major General

I mean what other units are there to join but the active ones, there isn't any point in getting the game for 70$ to join a unit that is dead or is waiting for full release.
    True, and during the events people can tell what the currently active groups are (we had some more before).

CSA Captain

I do think the officer system should change though. At the moment when a leader of a large company shows up they'll demand the officer role. They'll even TK officers with the excuse that "they don't need it". Obviously this goes hand in hand with the members of that big company being in discord/teamspeak and receiving orders there to not obey that "random" officer, thus making it seem like that officer is legitimately doing a bad job. A most atrocious state of affairs which is absolutely not welcoming to potential new leadership. And since leadership makes or breaks this game, without it you're going to have to rely on a very select few (I wouldn't be surprised if its less than 10) individuals to orchestrate the entirety of the player base. If they're not online, there are no leaders, if there are no leaders people will get bored and play less during those hours. Result, empty servers around the clock except on those hours these companies/leaders are online.

Kind of like how it is right now.

USA Major

*Meanwhile in 6th Alabama "Wy is this random Pvt. Officers class" "Well he needs to draw the enemy fire!"* Luckily I never have to officer and my guys seem to perfectly able to fight alongside me while listening to my commands, a pistol is just 1 man less carrying a rifle, pistol wielding officers who are hiding behind their men get no respect.
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Major General

*Meanwhile in 6th Alabama "Wy is this random Pvt. Officers class" "Well he needs to draw the enemy fire!"* Luckily I never have to officer and my guys seem to perfectly able to fight alongside me while listening to my commands, a pistol is just 1 man less carrying a rifle, pistol wielding officers who are hiding behind their men get no respect.
    Well in most regiments, people can tell who's who by hearing their voices
    Frontline officer are mostly greatly respected through history, but a whole lot of them just perished into the unknown.

The hiding part
    It's not hiding per se, when using the 'ingame chat' it's adviced to be close to the men.
    Another factor is that an officer is a primary target (hell yeah), and unless it's some kind of heroic charge it's adviced to take some cover
    We had to tell a certain officer multiple times to get his head down (his name starts with a P and ends with 'aioletti)

The immersion
    There is much detail in the uniforms and the whole diversity gives it a more historical feeling.

The usefullness, talking about the class not the 'role of an officer'
    We've seen multiple times that an pistol wielding officer during a rush or countercharge can shift the balance.
    They are also pretty mobile and can reinforce a certain position pretty fast, they can cover their men while they are reloading ...
    Others use it to hunt down 'loners' or certain individuals (yes 51th.NY Blake, that's you I'm taking about), and with the 'morale system' ... it kinda works.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDewitt View Post
    if there are no leaders people will get bored and play less during those hours. Result, empty servers around the clock except on those hours these companies/leaders are online.
    Kind of like how it is right now.
    That's not the mean reason, but I get the point .
    On the other hand while there are just people on, it's good to test some weapons and tactics or just have some fun around and do stuff which you cannot do during skirmish.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    The hiding part
    It's not hiding per se, when using the 'ingame chat' it's adviced to be close to the men.
    Another factor is that an officer is a primary target (hell yeah), and unless it's some kind of heroic charge it's adviced to take some cover
    We had to tell a certain officer multiple times to get his head down (his name starts with a P and ends with 'aioletti)
    Btw did we get any of your officers last week, as if we didn't we weren't really doing what I have been training my guys to do
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.