Thread: Ambient Sound Adjustment

Ambient Sound Adjustment

After hearing the game, due to the recent engine bugs, without the battlefield sound, I like it, but it does feel a little too empty. The battlefield ambient sound is honestly too loud and gets a little annoying; it also seemed like it had a constant "hiss" or static noise that had no purpose. If the sound were able to be balanced out, to a 50/50 split between enhancing natural sounds (birds, footsteps of other players, equipment moving, the rustling of fabric on clothes, small things) and the battlefield ambiance, I think it would help the atmosphere a lot. Now I know some people do like the battlefield ambient sound and if it were up to me, I would outright remove the battlefield sound effects and favor naturally occurring sounds. At least until the battlefield ambiance ties into the grander battles and can give them a bit of sound variation to make it feel like a monumental battle as you hear remote units firing. However, in a small skirmish map it is odd.

I agree, it's too loud and it's too easy to sneak around even when nobody is shooting. An action like climbing a fence should make some environmental sound too, even if it's subtle.