Thread: ESC Menu Freezing/Very High Settings in General

ESC Menu Freezing/Very High Settings in General

I have done a test to make sure this was only in 'Very High Settings.' Whenever I go to the 'Very High' settings option and then hit the escape key, it will freeze the game for 2-5 seconds. I know this sounds like such a tiny problem for a tiny amount of people, but with some further testing, I found that some settings period put on 'Very High.' I believe I have narrowed it down to, Shading, Post Processing, and Object Details set to very high coupled with everything else set to high or medium will cause this. It's not a super big deal because I usually have them set to just High and everything else maxed out so I can get a good looking game with equally good frames. A little tip of advice for anyone doing settings tuning, only the three settings I listed plus V-Sync and resolution make actual frame differences. Reading some other posts, I think 'Very High' settings overall cause some glitches and bugs in the game.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 12-18-2017 at 07:23 PM.

CSA Captain

The crashes I've experienced definitely seemed tied to the Very High Graphic settings....
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    The crashes I've experienced definitely seemed tied to the Very High Graphic settings....
    Interesting.

I very much doubt it however - unless you've been changing your settings in the same session, then possibly.

Please keep uploading the crash error reports whenever you crash.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Just set 2, 5 minutes ago
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Just set 2, 5 minutes ago
    Cheers. We'll look into them.

Just to be sure - you're not trying to join a server after you've left another one, right? This is launching the game, entering the server browser and joining, correct?

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Yes Im always joining from a fresh restart not in game.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

I have not experienced many crashes due to 'Very High' settings that I am aware of just some oddities and the escape menu freezing.