Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spinning Death Crouch - Please Fix

Spinning Death Crouch - Please Fix

Obviously known by everyone by now, when crouching at the moment after the release of 12/23/17 patch, you now spin like crazy and camera control goes out the window. Impossible to shoot while crouching right now, you can still somewhat get away with reloading while crouching as it somewhat stabilizes the camera enough to see at the right looking level but any use of camera control with left alt will not help and you still are somewhat blinded to the fact that anyone can run up on you and melee you or shoot you without you really seeing them. Please do fix this issue fast. Crouching is essential in this game as it makes you a smaller target and it increases accuracy. Long live the Confederacy!

Thank you for the report. I hope you understand we’ve been celebrating Christmas today instead of working.

The issue is obviously a priority fix.

We do plan on making kneeling less useful in the future as about 90% of engagements currently happen while kneeling.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

"We do plan on making kneeling less useful in the future as about 90% of engagements currently happen while kneeling."

Are you kidding what kind of game are you trying to make. You want us to stand tall and still and be target dummies. This is just starting to get to bizarre.

Yeah. I can see reloading being a little longer kneeling but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhal View Post
    "We do plan on making kneeling less useful in the future as about 90% of engagements currently happen while kneeling."

Are you kidding what kind of game are you trying to make. You want us to stand tall and still and be target dummies. This is just starting to get to bizarre.
    The majority of combat in the civil war was not done on your knees to my knowledge.

We want it to be more of a choice than a no-brainer (as it currently is) regarding whether or not to kneel.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

As far as I am aware it is the players choice when he kneels it doesn't just happen out of no where. I guess I just don't understand what your trying to achieve other then you want us to stand and be a good target.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhal View Post
    As far as I am aware it is the players choice when he kneels it doesn't just happen out of no where. I guess I just don't understand what your trying to achieve other then you want us to stand and be a good target.
    It is always the player's choice.

It is our job to design the systems so they provide an interesting different tactical choice - not just be a better option all of the time.

So while you may choose to kneel (or do any other action) whenever you want the mechanics will be put in place to make different choices viable also.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The majority of combat in the civil war was not done on your knees to my knowledge.

We want it to be more of a choice than a no-brainer (as it currently is) regarding whether or not to kneel.

- Trusty
    actually trusty the majority of the FIGHTING was done in trenches or from them, but not at sharpsburg and that is where this game is set. the confederates had not started trenching much then, later they would trench every time they stopped for even a short while. I understand you wanting to change the options, but an outnumbered opponent MUST find some advantage and the confederates did do this at sharpsburg. for the most part they were on the defensive, and tho they did not dig in much they would of course kneel when possible in line to mass their fire. kneeling is a more stable platform than the off hand of course. I believe you are misunderstanding that our argument for loosing any benefit from kneeling has to with the fact we are playing skirmish mode now and not big line battles because we just don't have the people at present, and of course we misunderstand you, for you are trying to get us to at least try end game stuff perhaps.
    bottom line, kneeling is for skirmishing, it is not really beneficial to massed fire, at least not like a formation would be. so be careful how we deal with kneeling, because no commander worth his salt would go forward without shaking out a line of skirmishers ahead.
    All governments, everywhere derived its power by the consent of the people. The government you have is by your own consent. Not by those brave grey dead of one hundred and fifty plus years ago.

Proning and duckwalking should be implemented as well it just shouldn't be the norm. So should moving while mid-loading (as I'm sure it will be some time). You're already starting to see people side-step while aiming. That doesn't mean you need to quash that it just means it needs to be looked at. It's easy to just do stuff and rely on the crutch of every other game not taking serious looks into things either. One has to consider that aiming down the sights of a weapon and moving sort of means you can't see crap so you'd obviously move quite slow. Blur out the frontal vision or involuntarily cock the head to that side.

The problem isn't the feature it's that they're not fine-tuned in most games. Crouching and moving, for example. A little tiring and disorienting and slower in real life. Kneeling, to me, is never implemented right in a game. Whoever thinks kneeling is a steadier position needs to teach me that trick because for the life of me it's my hardest position to shoot from. I'd imagine it'd be slower to reload from that position especially if the drills were generally done while standing. The main advantage to fences aught to be for steadying the player's rifle... I continue to contend there is something horribly wrong with the cover provided by fences in this game. It is wildly overdone

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Whoever thinks kneeling is a steadier position needs to teach me that trick because for the life of me it's my hardest position to shoot from. I'd imagine it'd be slower to reload from that position especially if the drills were generally done while standing. The main advantage to fences aught to be for steadying the player's rifle... I continue to contend there is something horribly wrong with the cover provided by fences in this game. It is wildly overdone
    If 'devs' want to discourage kneeling, they can make reloading and shooting indeed harder to do from a kneeling position
    About the fences, I think there impleting certain 'solid' materials is Always problematic ... what you visually 'see' and what the 'box' is could differ a bit (or lots in certain games).
    Sometimes you think you shoot beside a fence and you see that bullet just bouncing away (now that's dangerous ! )
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.