Thread: Fallout 76 will include notable landmarks in West Virginia including Harpers Ferry.

CSA Captain

Fallout 76 will include notable landmarks in West Virginia including Harpers Ferry.

Fallout 76 is in the purple area with the green area of Fallout 3 as reference of how close the two games are.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/13/fal...woods-monster/

You’ll find real-life landmarks like Morgantown, Summersville Lake, and Harpers Ferry, along with Fallout’s take on the folkore of the area, which will see the inclusion of some of West Virginia’s spookiest monsters like Mothman, and The Flatwoods Monster. We may even see The Headless Horror, or The Grafton Monster.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA 1st Lieutenant

So, Antietam will be in the game?

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    So, Antietam will be in the game?

Best,
    Dman979
    The bloody lane...filled with death claws
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

Looking forward to be seeing what Bethesda has done with it.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

instead of laser musket, hopefully we'll get just a "musket" musket.

Looking forward to this

USA General of the Army

One of the trailers showed a muzzle loading pistol.

I'm on the fence about this game because of the multiplayer aspect. The whole thing sounds like Fortnite with a Fallout theme.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Looked like an old flintlock!
    I'm treating it like GTA V, like their whole selling point is multiplayer but hopefully they will still have a dedicated single player game.
    Last edited by Saris; 06-14-2018 at 08:34 PM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I'm treating it like GTA V, like their whole selling point is multiplayer but hopefully they will still have a dedicated single player game.
    Todd Howard said in an interview that there will be no single player campaign at all or any sort of offline mode. When they eventually have support for private servers you could rent one and play by yourself. But, I'm afraid they've made the mechanics of it so dependent on MP that its going to ruin the whole thing. There aren't going to be any human NPC's in the game either. Everyone you meet with be a human player and they will be able to wreck your stuff. Basically the game is going to be Fortnite with the same micro-transaction model.

I really hope this game doesn't crash and burn, but I think they're leveraging the MP aspect way too hard. I think the server sizes were only going to be able to handle 25 people or something like that. And if you build a base on one server, then get logged into another one on your next session and someone already has a base there, yours gets packed up and you have to find somewhere else. I think the whole concept is going to be a clunky mess. I don't even remember if Bethesda has ever done an MP game and now they're making the leap with a AAA title. Its just crazy.

All's I wanted is a fallout game with the fallout 3 & Vegas vibe focused on the stories and choices different factions that influence the world. That with a option to play in co-op with 1 or 2 friends. I'm fine with the base building if it's useful. What they made now in 76 doesn't appeal to me that much .
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company