Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Time Change

USA General of the Army

Update Time Change

Can we get Updates scheduled for Mondays or Tuesdays?

Personally, I have yet to sign in after an Update without a problem, of one type or another.
    As an example ...
    Today we have a huge filmed Event, with BOTH sides participating, and I CAN NOT get the game to Launch.
    Reset cache and other suggestions failed.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and still can not get game to run.
    I CAN play every other game on Steam.

We need time, almost every Patch, to iron out problems.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Lieutenant General

I back this up. It anoys me that every time and time again, right before the drill on sundays at 3pm est. Some times even 30 minuts beforehand, there is a update being pushed out.
    That gives ALWAYS some problems. Either people have slow internet, or more crahsing because new problems arise or something.

Its all under, if I understood it correctly, because it needs to be tested with manny people on. Updating it on thursday gives enouf time for people to download it before the major events. You guys still get the same goal, we dont have to worry if people can make it in time or not.

You want it tested, we want to test it. But let us test it an entire weekend, rather then sunday evening for the EU guys. and sunday afternoon, evening and mondey evening for the NA guys.

What Cooley said, today was a HUGE recording planned with both CSA companies and Union companies working together to do so. Reaching 140+ people in the CSA drill server. an number that has been a while to be reached since the last time. We have to move this due to a huge crash. It happends. But manny people had some problems with the update and needed to try everything to get it to work, or it didnt want to work.

PLEASE!!!!!! STOP THE UPDATES RIGHT BEFORE THE EVENTS AND DRILLS!

Thanks
    <a href=https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090495181582704/0264FD175199F266213BDA15740FE893D8668AF2/ target=_blank>https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...FE893D8668AF2/</a>

CSA Major

Heartily agreed. Please give the updates time to bed in - I can't see the sense in letting pushing the updates at peak times for tester numbers, which is also peak time for attracting new testers/players/recruits. It's not a great advert.
    Respectfully yours,
    Sgt Jones

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Can we get Updates scheduled for Mondays or Tuesdays?

Personally, I have yet to sign in after an Update without a problem, of one type or another.
    As an example ...
    Today we have a huge filmed Event, with BOTH sides participating, and I CAN NOT get the game to Launch.
    Reset cache and other suggestions failed.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and still can not get game to run.
    I CAN play every other game on Steam.

We need time, almost every Patch, to iron out problems.
    Instead of Monday or Tuesday, I would suggest Thursday or Friday. That would give the y'all the devs lots of time to get feedback for the updates during the high peak hours of the weekend. That would also let us properly test new mechanics with a high population then waiting until next weekend.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Instead of Monday or Tuesday, I would suggest Thursday or Friday. That would give the y'all the devs lots of time to get feedback for the updates during the high peak hours of the weekend. That would also let us properly test new mechanics with a high population then waiting until next weekend.
    Would be better, today a lot of people showed up for drill (for NA people it's early and for EU it's kinda late) : a very big thank you and especially for "Union regiments" for joining in !
    For organisational reasons, it's hard when there are updates and people getting probs getting in or crashing ... a big thanks again for people who kept trying and the people organising !

@Devs : I know you push updates before events to make sure you get some data and see how it goes, that you need enough people to test it … plz communicate (also regimental command) when there is a 'biggie' going on. (like big turn out, another 'youtube/streaming' … )
    @Devs : We do greatly appreciate you guys showed up and got the server back up fast !

See if Cody doesn't get any good material (due to crashes, people not showing) -> he gets drunk and starts eating sugar & starts playing other games like : wild west online, Tony Hawk's pro skater, Ghostbusters, My little pony, Barbie's dreamhouse …. DO IT FOR CODY GUYS !
    Last edited by Redleader; 07-15-2018 at 10:34 PM.

CSA Captain

Thank you Devs for setting daylight for us, fixing the crash so quickly and showing up. We are going to give this filmed scenario another team try next Sunday. Hope to see the devs there for next week to see this great unity between several of the core groups in this game.

Want to throw a big Thank You to our Union Friends for taking the time to show up for walk through and the event itself with great numbers, my goodness we were about to cap the server. I think this going to be the start of something great and bring us all closer together. Would like to get together with all your commanders with all our commanders and do another walk through to get all parties on same page. Even though we didn't get far today we learned a bit about how we will deal with communications for next go at this.

See you all soon

Maj. Vulcarin

CSA Lieutenant General

Well, I think a thanks is in order. Thanks guys for not updating right in front of big drills and events last weekend!
    <a href=https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090495181582704/0264FD175199F266213BDA15740FE893D8668AF2/ target=_blank>https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...FE893D8668AF2/</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Valk View Post
    Well, I think a thanks is in order. Thanks guys for not updating right in front of big drills and events last weekend!
    Rest assured we would have released an update if we had an update available hehe

A fix for the officers dying in the base will come soon.

USA General of the Army

Much Appreciated, Sir.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Rest assured we would have released an update if we had an update available hehe

A fix for the officers dying in the base will come soon.
    And I had some hope.....

yet you post this, and there is again a update on sunday :C guess I have to take my words back