Thread: In game name/Company Tags

CSA Captain

In game name/Company Tags

I am sure everyone will agree that it would be an excellent luxury to be able to have an in game name we can set at the main menu. That way we don't always have to change our steam name to bear our tags....I mean other games have this feature.

Devs if you are there, can you please chime in and say if we can get this feature ASAP? Hopefully before beta? If not, then please make it happen during Beta.

I wear my tags proudly but I play other games too and it gets a bit on my nerves to have to change it back and forth, as lazy as that sounds. Surely with a game so heavily based on teamwork/clans this wont be denied to us.

CSA Brigadier General

+1 here. I feel the same way. Although it's not a game breaking feature having to change names all the time, it would make things easier.... especially after I get in game only to find my tags are wrong... and have to log out to fix them. Again, not a biggy but would be nice.

USA Colonel

I would love this. It would be so convenient to me since I use a different name on steam all the time. I am a game developer, and I use the name that people know me by. When I get called for events suddenly, I tend to forget to change my tags. Obviously this is not game breaking stuff, but it would be fantastic if this was a feature.

They've said they want to implement this feature for a good bit now, this isn't the first time it's been brought up. However, I can't quite remember if they wanted to directly tie it to your company tool name or not. Perhaps a dev could help out?

As long as a list of players in the console (or wherever) can correctly correlate someone to a steamid and two players can't have the same name (trolls, bans, etc).
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n