Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the developers of WoR should do after they complete it fully

What the developers of WoR should do after they complete it fully

It has come to my attention that a lot of people from Europe don't enjoy The Civil War era as much as Americans do. So if this seems like a good idea to the devs they should continue using the "War of" as a franchise and make a Revolutionary War title called War of Freedom. I know that WoR is still in Technical Alpha but I think it is a great idea to involve both Americans and Europeans.

USA 1st Lieutenant

It seems to me like that's a distinctly American (and British) war, at least in the colonies. Yes, the French did send troops, but the majority of fighting in the colonies was colonial and British soldiers.

If they're looking for a game with broader European appeal, the obvious (to me) choice would be the Napoleonic wars.

But this is talking about the future titles of a game that's not even in full Alpha next. It could go anywhere.

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    It seems to me like that's a distinctly American (and British) war, at least in the colonies. Yes, the French did send troops, but the majority of fighting in the colonies was colonial and British soldiers.

If they're looking for a game with broader European appeal, the obvious (to me) choice would be the Napoleonic wars.

But this is talking about the future titles of a game that's not even in full Alpha next. It could go anywhere.

Best,
    Dman979
    Even though most of these were one time occurrences but you could also have Spanish vs British troops on the gulf, natives in the north and west, and pirates on the coasts. Have you seen Hold Fast nations at war? It looks like it will take the spot for the new Napoleonic Wars game.
    Last edited by Saris; 04-22-2017 at 05:24 AM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

We're not looking into creating anything else than WoR. Haven't for the past 5 years and probably won't for the next 5 years either.

- Trusty

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We're not looking into creating anything else than WoR. Haven't for the past 5 years and probably won't for the next 5 years either.

- Trusty
    Because you're putting all your effort into WoR, right? :P

Best,
    Dman979

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    Because you're putting all your effort into WoR, right? :P

Best,
    Dman979
    Cause it will Take aclot of time for the Release of WoR and after that they will Support it with pachtes add ons and so on.

IMPORTANT!

Thats Just My opinion.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Major

They should just expand on WoR and add new campaigns. I vote for the Overland Campaign and the Peninsula Campaign next
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    They should just expand on WoR and add new campaigns. I vote for the Overland Campaign and the Peninsula Campaign next
    I would like to Start at the Maryland campaign and then Go through the whole war. Would be a cool Thing in a Long night to Play All battles in the right Order
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    I would like to Start at the Maryland campaign and then Go through the whole war. Would be a cool Thing in a Long night to Play All battles in the right Order
    Agreed, I'd also like to explore the earlier campaigns like the Peninsula Campaign, or the Northern Virginia Campaign.

Really I'd just like to see the whole eastern theater done (very unlikely I know) and hopefully some of the western theater.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Actually, the Maryland Campaign was more like the end of the first quarter of the war. IF you start here, you miss all the developmental battles from the beginning. 1st Manassas, the landing on the Peninsula, Siege of Yorktown, the Battle of Williamsburg, all the minor skirmishes up the peninsula till the clash at FAIR OAKS/SEVEN PINES, then the famed SEVEN DAYS BATTLES, the move to CEDAR MOUNTAIN, around Pope's army into 2nd Manassas, which is actually the beginning point for the Maryland Campaign.

I find it a pity that Cryengine doesn't allow for a much larger land area to build maps on. So just from the list above you can see that there are quite a few maps that would need to be generated to even get to where we are now ... AND THEN, focus on the remaining battles of the war for Southern Independence.