Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Art Work Show you drawings and paintings.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Those are incredible Jim! You need to come to a few reenactments down South, we'd probably sell you out of chemicals!
    Wouldn't that just be fantastic? I was in the States back in 2015 for a few weeks but I'm afraid that I spent all of it in (West)Virginia. I bet there's a wet-plate photographer within a reasonable drive for you though Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I want you to do a CG group portrait whenever we all finally manage to meet up. :P

- Trusty
    Copenhagen is manageable as a drive from the UK, I've done it one too many times for work now. If there's ever a moment where your American staff members (Tuffant?) make it over, perhaps that should be when I hop on over. There might be need for a little bit of a financial reparation, it'd be a lot of fuel spent in my old van. Alternatively, come by the UK some time and I'll happily spend a day in the studio for free - just set me up with a camera prop and some civvie clothing that I can deploy in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb_1865 View Post
    I got a old poloroid camera to start taking photos with but I just need to figure out exactly how to fit plates in the back.
    Perfect, I have some resources for you to read over then. I'll endeavour to get it done this afternoon when I finish work.

Thank you for the offer! We only have 3 guys in Denmark in total - the rest is all over the world. We're hoping to be able to all meet up at some point, or even be able to gather all in a physical studio.. Who knows what the future will bring.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I want you to do a CG group portrait whenever we all finally manage to meet up. :P

- Trusty
    That would be fun to see!

Just a few of the images i have colorized...Thought i'd share them.

Confederate Prisoners of the ANV 1864
    photo-history_confederate_soldiers_color.jpg

3rd Arkansas Infantry
    3rdArkansas.JPG

Union wounded from Gains Mill , Savage station Virginia
    fieldhos1-X32.jpg

44th Indiana , Some of Sherman's boys
    1Company,_44th_Indiana_Infantry_-_NARA_-_524708.jpg

14724582_1122059077848092_5372331621415425335_n.jpg

coward manex_800.jpg

CSA Captain

Those are great man, I think the Gaines Mill one is my favorite.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Those are great man, I think the Gaines Mill one is my favorite.
    Thanks Lance! Just a small portion of the images i'v done.

CSA Major

A fine effort Luke! May I ask, what source are you using for acquiring the original positive images? Are you aware that the Library of Congress have digitised hundreds, if not thousands, of civil war photography at a ridiculous resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    A fine effort Luke! May I ask, what source are you using for acquiring the original positive images? Are you aware that the Library of Congress have digitised hundreds, if not thousands, of civil war photography at a ridiculous resolution?
    Indeed i do , The LOC is one of the places i use most of the time finding images...Sadly the LOC don't always have the images i'm looking for and even if they do it don't mean it is of the best quality or of a good resolution. They own thousands of images and some need to be updated with the correct software and scanned again to be up to standards of today , Same goes with the private collections. Some people don' understand what 300+ DPI is and scan them however they wish and resulting with a crap quality image. Some images are plates itself and are printed out on post cards , ect. And that kills the quality itself but it is the only thing left and their's not much they can do about it sense the original plate is gone.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Point of interest on the Savage Station hospital. The man in the middle with the white shirt and straw hat is photographer Brady himself, all doctored up as a casualty.

USA Lieutenant General

Kiff Union Avatar.jpg

That's a custom made design by a good friend "The Lucky Monk" She helps make designs for anything! I would recommend her any day.