Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to better see the enemyr....

I'd like to better see the enemyr....

No idea how the game looks with the hottest Intel processor with maxed details but on a good AMD processor enemies are pretty invisible against the background beyond about 100 meters. At these distances, everything is a puzzle of pixels, even without smoke from firing. If that blob does not move or he does not fire, you can't be sure it's an enemy, as the uniform colour is influenced by antialiasing nearby colours.
    Somehow, on medium or low details, colours turn less vivid, grainy, the player uniforms included, making them (especially the CSA) melt into some backgrounds
    As a result, without knowing beforehand the maps, there are matches where I ask myself, wtf am I volleying at, even after trying different angles in formation.

Devs, please consider eliminating postprocesing , antialiasing etc on players at about 100meters and further, so they stand out clearer, more recognoscible (yeah, that should have been recognizable), both in shape and colour of uniform.
    As things stand, even the 125m target on the firing range is in mist and unclear in every weather. And a man's torso is about the size of the inner circle, which you know is there but almost cannot see it. Many battles mean firing at 150meters, where, as I said already, the enemy is near invisible.

The game is about controlling the rifle (who has a mind of its own, and I like that) and your instincts, not about damaging your eyes hunting pixels at 10fps per second when the sh__ hits the fan !
    Last edited by EneCtin; 02-12-2019 at 07:50 PM.

I think this is related to the graphics engine and cannot be easily switched on as you may think.

It's pretty good actually as it is. Unless you consider ARMA3 visivility distances, in most other current first person games you are basically seeing nothing but depth of field and billboards at anything beyond 100 meters distance. I think War of Rights has a little bit of that issue but not too much, and it also helps performance.

There are games out there where enemies are a few pixels high but you can easily discern where they are and what they do. Problem is the monitor resolution that is much lower than eye resolution, meaning what you see at 100m with your eye in a 2 degree arc (taken out of the hat, that number) contains very much more information than the similar 2 degree image viewed on screen. Even at 80m or even 50m, stationary enemies behind those damn fences are undistinguishable against the background for a few seconds, than a bit clearer than back to completely fuzzy, even when no one is firing and no smoke is present in the scene. It may be postprocessing, you see clearly what you look at, but beyond 50 meters the whole scene would be clear with naked eye, focussing would be instantaneous. I'd very much prefer seeing sharp rendered objects rather than blotches of colour

So, either increase the size of objects at range (change perspective), or add zoom in while aiming, or drop postprocessing at long ranges, whichever works but test that the enemy is visible on all detail levels, not only for the very hottest CPUs. By the way, FPS improved dramatically in the last 2 weeks.
    bandicam 2019-02-19 18-33-22-054.jpg
    Last edited by EneCtin; 02-19-2019 at 03:54 PM.

CSA Captain

Actually if you want an advantage at spotting the enemy, the opposite is true.... the lower the GFX settings the better chance of seeing the enemy.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Major

You can use the ALT key and use the corners of your vision to see further (and clearer!). It removes the fish-eye effect of looking forwards.

And buy a monitor with higher resolution then.

hm, better resolution means more calculations (i'm at a sort of CPU bottleneck already) so buying a 4k monitor would bring my PC to its knees in WoR.
    Anyway, look at the screenshot I've uploaded above. Sure, the 3 guys at 12 o'clock are visible (they are clear against the lighter background), but spot me the ones at 1 o'çlock or the ones at 12.30!
    Last edited by EneCtin; 02-19-2019 at 03:58 PM.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    You can use the ALT key and use the corners of your vision to see further (and clearer!). It removes the fish-eye effect of looking forwards.
    Setting the FOV to 50 helps, too. It's a more accurate FOV for most monitors, and gives you a better idea of distance.

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    Setting the FOV to 50 helps, too. It's a more accurate FOV for most monitors, and gives you a better idea of distance.

Best,
    Dman979
    Yup, I do this also. It would normally be a massive annoyance in other games but I find the narrow FOV to be more than tolerable in War of Rights.

I'm having the same issue seeing the enemy at a distance, i have a 22" inch- 1050 resolution monitor with a 700:1 contrast ratio. Would purchasing a newer and bigger monitor help with this issue?