Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Passwords

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Please send your feedback to G-Portal then. You are certainly not paying us for the option to rent a server.

We continue to improve upon the admin functionality on the community hosted servers. Last update introduced the tab screen admin tool, allowing for quick and easy kicks/bans of unwanted players.

- Trusty
    LOL so you're telling me that you (or the game...effectively you) have not benefited in any way shape or form allowing G-Portal to host and make money? Right...

All people are asking for is a password locked server. Give it to them. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    LOL so you're telling me that you (or the game...effectively you) have not benefited in any way shape or form allowing G-Portal to host and make money? Right...

All people are asking for is a password locked server. Give it to them. It's not that hard.
    That is correct.

We gain nothing on the costs tied to renting servers - quite the opposite - we ourselves are customers of G-portal same as you (hosting the official WoR servers).

- Trusty

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    That is correct.

We gain nothing on the costs tied to renting servers - quite the opposite - we ourselves are customers of G-portal same as you (hosting the official WoR servers).

- Trusty
    They are profiting from you ALLOWING them to host your games. Without this community the game fails....and so does the profit that comes from those servers. You are literally being asked to give your supporters ONE thing....passwords for servers.

Then hand out the server files and let us host our own servers on our own private boxes or to another service other than G-portal. I personally run 3 servers for various games off our two server boxes. I can host a WoR server handling 150 players easily if you would hand out the files. Additionally we can then administer and run the servers as we see fit.

Any reason why G-Portal has exclusive rights to these files?

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by MacMerritt View Post
    Then hand out the server files and let us host our own servers on our own private boxes or to another service other than G-portal. I personally run 3 servers for various games off our two server boxes. I can host a WoR server handling 150 players easily if you would hand out the files. Additionally we can then administer and run the servers as we see fit.

Any reason why G-Portal has exclusive rights to these files?
    because the developers are benefiting in some way, shape or form but won't admit it.

I don't think anyone here has EVER been able to reason with TrustyJam...it's his way or the high way.

because the developers are benefiting in some way, shape or form but won't admit it.
    Nope not in terms of income at least.

The main reason is the easy auto updating backend they have for all of their game servers - they call it the cloud service.

Once we release a steam update all servers will automatically update to the latest server version and restart themselves.

This is a hugely important feature as we sometimes release several server side hotfixes within a single day.

- Trusty

Oh we know that, its like Epic getting exclusive access to games. G-Portal has first dibs and im sure are hosting the Official servers for free. There fore a kickback in one form or another.

CSA Captain

They are profiting from you ALLOWING them to host your games. Without this community the game fails....and so does the profit that comes from those servers. You are literally being asked to give your supporters ONE thing....passwords for servers.
    They wont budge and their game will die because of it. The only thing keeping War of Rights afloat right now is its the only FPS civil war game currently. I would hate to see this game die because the devs are bullheaded and lose all their players to BCoF whenever that comes out
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Quote Originally Posted by MacMerritt View Post
    Oh we know that, its like Epic getting exclusive access to games. G-Portal has first dibs and im sure are hosting the Official servers for free. There fore a kickback in one form or another.
    No we pay for the official servers - we just paid their latest invoice today as a matter of fact.

- Trusty