Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Who here reenacts?

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Anyone here going to do the A.P. Hill March to Glory in September? A nice 17 mile march from Harpers Ferry to Sharpsburg, crossing the Potomac along the way while retracing Hill's march in 1862.
    Our unit was scheduled to go but had to call it off due to the organizers not being able to support our entire unit for the Living History. Some of us are going to Chickamauga in anticipation of Wauhatchie instead.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Our unit was scheduled to go but had to call it off due to the organizers not being able to support our entire unit for the Living History. Some of us are going to Chickamauga in anticipation of Wauhatchie instead.
    I've heard a lot of good things about that event, definitely on the "to do" list. Sadly this march is going to be my first Civil War event this summer, been too busy this far to do any others. D-Day this weekend in Conneaut Ohio is my first event this summer.

CSA Captain

I've heard a lot of good things about that event, definitely on the "to do" list. Sadly this march is going to be my first Civil War event this summer, been too busy this far to do any others. D-Day this weekend in Conneaut Ohio is my first event this summer.
    Amen to being too busy! The last event I went to was on Memorial Day at the Bennett Place.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Major

I finally have a job with weekends and holidays off, not sure what to do with myself sometimes... this is a strange world that I have never been a part of at least since I was in school...

CSA Major

I do a 38th N.C. impression in California. Just recently got back into reenacting. Been doing it off and on since '95. Ive portrayed Fed. C.W., Conf. C.W., Ca. Gold Rush, WWII US Marine, mid 1st Cent. AD Roman Legionary...among other things. Just sent my Pedersoli '61 Springfield off to be de-farbed. Now a buddy of mine is begging me to join him in building a WWI impression...he's the one who begged me to put together a Tarheel (38th N.C.) impression. It never ends.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by LJPII View Post
    Now a buddy of mine is begging me to join him in building a WWI impression...he's the one who begged me to put together a Tarheel (38th N.C.) impression. It never ends.
    I had a buddy like that once... "Hey! Let's do (insert new impression here)!" on top of the other projects I already had. I've pretty much limited myself to just Civil War and WW2 for the time being, that's enough to keep me occupied. If you have too many then you never have enough time to go to an event for each one.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Amazing. And for the record, that schedule is exactly what the Confederate States Armed Forces discovered works best. So it's wholly realistic.

Way cool! I may have to take a trip on the 17th just to watch this!
    Uhh, earth to A.P. Hill, we had talked about meeting Kyle out there on the 17th, did we not? LOL
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    Uhh, earth to A.P. Hill, we had talked about meeting Kyle out there on the 17th, did we not? LOL
    Ummm ... the conversation kinda went dead from someone's end ...

<edit>
    Let me correct this ....

CRS is a terrible thing!
    </edit>

CSA Major

So a War of Rights "reunion" at the Antietam living history?

CSA Captain

So a War of Rights "reunion" at the Antietam living history?
    dang, i was there last Wednesday :/
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX