Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here reenacts?

CSA Colonel

I actually just participated in my first reenactment yesterday! It was the Battle of Charleston and I was with Hart's battery, on position 4. In the battle that the Battle of Charleston represented, Bloody Bridge/Burdens Causeway my ancestor Francis Asbury Taylor (who ever since then everyone in my family except me has had Francis in their name) fought in the artillery!
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

USA Lieutenant Colonel

I just got home from the 155th Shiloh

CSA Sergeant

Just taken my 1704-20 kit out of storage in readiness for a trip to Spain this weekend, specifically to Almansa, south of Valencia. Our group has been invited to join in on the 310th anniversary of the battle that took place there. Where the British lost.

Bugger...

spain.jpg

(Excuse the 'selfie' nature of the picture, but there was no-one else around to take a picture)

I'm part of the 4th US Regular infantry.
    Last edited by acheter; 01-19-2018 at 07:31 PM.

CSA Lieutenant General

Never re-enacted, but started attending them when I was 12 years old. First was Battle of Brandy Station in Culpepper, VA. I've also been to the re-enactment of the Battle of New Market and the Battle of Gettysburg. Have considered joining a unit that would take part in the Battle of McDowell, VA, where my Great Grandfather was part of Co. E, 31st VA Infantry. However, it seems hard to find a group that does their living history. I'd like to carry my Great Great Grandfather's billfold back onto the battlefield so it can be there for a second time. Call me flaky, but I feel like there's something neat about having an item of an ancestor and being present at the same battle he was, with it in my pocket. That should hopefully happen on May 6 of this year. Anyone in the Maryland/Virginia surrounding area, interested, look up the battle of McDowell and come check it out.
    Last edited by dmurray6; 04-19-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    Civil War Ancestors:

I reanact for the 143rd New York Volunteer Infantry we will be attending neshaminy.

CSA Captain

i do some, but medieval, member of a group that specialize in the monastic orders of the crusades, be it the ones visiting hotter climates or the ones moving east.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Johann Günderson View Post
    Me reenacting as the 1st SS Leibstandarte "Adolf Hitler".
    These are pretty cool. I also have a 1st SS uniform I do medic and tank crew. Unfortunately I only have pictures of my allied impression.

USA Major

Me leading company K of the 71st PV at Neshaminy State park.

18238700_1538607019523336_1552166489797325069_o.jpg

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by [RG]Chewie View Post
    Me leading company K of the 71st PV at Neshaminy State park.
    Neshaminy Creek was the first Civil War reenactment I went to, and the second reenactment I had ever been to.

Best,
    Dman979