Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here reenacts?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    I don't reenact per se but I practice the photography directly from the period. Lots of chemicals, lots of glass and tin plates, lots of fun. Some example pieces can be found here. I'm looking to get out next year in period clothing and equipment for the historical events across the UK.
    Very cool, I have not seen civil war photographers at any of the reenactments i been to so nice change of pace

USA Lieutenant General

I do reenacting, 28th Massachusetts "Irish Brigade". I love reenacting, only have been two years and it's already my favorite hobby. Trust me, once you actually start doing it, you won't regret it at all.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Devmc99 View Post
    I do reenacting, 28th Massachusetts "Irish Brigade". I love reenacting, only have been two years and it's already my favorite hobby. Trust me, once you actually start doing it, you won't regret it at all.
    I haven't, just the regiment I went to my first reenactment with is based 2 hours away so i have i to look for a different

I have been doing Napoleonic Reenacting with the 85eme (UK version) for the past year. Has been very enjoyable. However I am afraid I will probably have to drop it for the next two years since it seems like I am going to get far too busy to cut out an entire day or two.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_King View Post
    I have been doing Napoleonic Reenacting with the 85eme (UK version) for the past year. Has been very enjoyable. However I am afraid I will probably have to drop it for the next two years since it seems like I am going to get far too busy to cut out an entire day or two.
    Sad thing to hear, Ze_King. I hope you will find a way to stick with it. It's an amazing hobby.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_King View Post
    yea that sucks.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I was going to get into it when I was younger. I was already in contact with a few local groups and was about to start buying up gear but a few issues came up in real life things. I have since somewhat lost interest. It is something I would be interested in doing in the future though!
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    I was going to get into it when I was younger. I was already in contact with a few local groups and was about to start buying up gear but a few issues came up in real life things. I have since somewhat lost interest. It is something I would be interested in doing in the future though!
    Yea It's very interesting, the people are great, I've only been in 1 reenactment and I can't wait for next season

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I used to run around with a Kodak Instamatic (that should tell you the time frame I did this,) in my haversack ... I'll have to see if I can drag up the negatives and get them scanned to electronic format.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    I used to run around with a Kodak Instamatic (that should tell you the time frame I did this,) in my haversack ... I'll have to see if I can drag up the negatives and get them scanned to electronic format.
    So... 70s-80s? XD
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia