Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here reenacts?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Mid. ... 70s

I reenact the 3rd New York Regiment Luis DuBois company, American Revolution.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Mid. ... 70s
    Hey, great music back then... but no video games! (Video games meaning games like we have today I don't count pong...)
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    ... but no video games! (Video games meaning games like we have today I don't count pong...)
    Exactly why I had to reenact, it was the only way at the time to play at war!

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Exactly why I had to reenact, it was the only way at the time to play at war!
    XD Now there are twelve year olds hitting a few buttons and then slaying virtual Nazis by the dozens! Don't you wish you could do that when you were a kid!
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Archer's Brigade

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    ... Don't you wish you could do that when you were a kid!
    No. I think I had a great childhood. I got lots of exercise, I still have a vivid imagination, I can read and write and spell, and I am healthier now than had I been sitting on my ass all those years!

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

No. I think I had a great childhood. I got lots of exercise, I still have a vivid imagination, I can read and write and spell, and I am healthier now than had I been sitting on my ass all those years!
    True. Pre-90s kids definitely had a... healthier... childhood, generally speaking.

Archer's Brigade

CSA Colonel

This "back in my day..." sounding stuff got me thinking of a really interesting Vsauce video I saw this morning!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc
    Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Colonel Jonny Powers
    5th Georgia Volunteers, Company A, "Clinch Rifles"

USA Major

Been a reenactor since, 1987. 2nd US Regulars, Co C and the 20th Maine Co E OF Vincent's Brigade. from East Coast of USA.

Dev, which company of the 28th Mass? I used to run with the 28th Mass Co. B when I had things called "time" and "money" :P (And lived in the DC/NoVA area.)

(Now I'm getting into competitive shooting with flintlocks as I live an hour and a half south of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association.)