Page 91 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: 52nd NY V.I "German Rangers" and 1st NY Artillery Battalion "Baden Artillery"

USA Captain

Hello everyone! Looking forward to playing with you all in-game!

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995775904/
    German Ingame historical name: William Demorest
    Timezone: CEST
    Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes
    Previous Regiment Experience in other games: none
    Did you read the rules and accept them?: Yes

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Dargon212 View Post
    Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995775904/
    German Ingame historical name: William Demorest
    Timezone: CEST
    Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes
    Previous Regiment Experience in other games: none
    Did you read the rules and accept them?: Yes

Welcome in our ranks
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Brigadier General

2 jähriges Bestehen!

vor zwei Jahren startete ein Projekt vom dem ich dachte "das wird nichts, aber man kanns ja mal versuchen". Nun feiern wir den zweiten Geburtstag unserer Kompanie was ich nicht für möglich gehalten habe. Stunden über Stunden wurden in dieses Projekt investiert. GIMP und die Forensoftware verflucht, aber immer mit Freude dabei.
    Aber eins nach dem anderen:
    Nachdem ich festgestellt habe, dass es möglich ist nun endlich im Forum seine Kompanie zu gründen, entschied ich mich spontan dazu selbst eine zu Gründen und falls es nichts werden sollte, einer anderen Einheit beizutreten. Die heutige 52nd hätte es dabei fast nicht gegeben, da mein erster Post die 54th New York reservierte. Allerdings stieß ich nach ein wenig Recherche darauf, dass der Colonel der 52nd, Paul Frank, ein guter Freund von Franz Sigel (daher der Beiname "Sigel Rifles") war, welcher General und Minister während der badischen Revolution 1848/49 war. Da pakte mich der Lokalpatriotismus und mein Stolz als Badener und so wurde aus der 54th die 52nd. Zufälliger weise viel der Gründungstag auf den Tag des Mauerfalls.

Nun blicke ich auf die letzten zwei Jahre zurück und sehe was wir alles in der Zeit geschafft haben. Viele Stunden des Drills, der Planung und der Kämpfe ist vergangen und noch immer stehen wir hier und halten Stand!
    Ich bin Stolz darauf was wir geschafft haben und ich bin zuversichtlich, dass wir noch vieles schaffen werden.

Als Motivation für meine tapferen Männer:
    Nach zwei Jahren, im Dezember 1863, verdiente sich die 52nd New York das Recht sich selbst "Veteran Regiment" zu nennen.

Vielleicht verdienen wir uns das auch, eines Tages....

Auf die German Rangers! Auf die Sigel Rifles! Auf die 52nd New York Infantry!

2 Year Anniversary!

Two years ago, a project started from wich I thought "That will not work, but we could give a try". Today we celebrate our companies second birthday, what seemed to be impossible for me back then. Hours and hours were spent on this project, GIMP and forum software were cursed, but always with pleasure.
    But one after the other:
    After I noticed, that finally there is the possibility to found an own company in the forum, I decided spontaneously to found one by myself and for the case, that this idea wont work, to join an other Unit. The today's 52nd almost would not exist these days, because of my first post, that reserved the 54th New York. However, after some research I found out that Paul Frank, Colonel of the 52nd, was a good friend of Franz Sigel ("Sigel Rifles"), who was General and minister during the Baden-Revolution 1848/49. I was seized by local patriotism and my pride as Badener and so the 54th became the 52nd. (Coincidentally, the founding day fell on the day of the fall of the Wall.)
    Now I look back at the last years and see what we have achieved in this time. Many hours of drill, planning and fighting has passed and still we stand here and withstand!
    I'm proud of what we have achieved and I am confindent, that we will achieve much more in the future!

As a motivation for my brave men:
    After two years, in December 1863, the 52nd New York gained the right to call itself "veteran regiment".

Maybe, someday we deserve that too...

For the German Rangers! For the Sigel Rifles! For the 52nd New York Infantry!

Last edited by Maximus Decimus Meridius; 11-09-2017 at 10:24 PM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Captain

Congratulations Gentlemen and good luck for the future!
    With best regards.
    1st Lieutenant, George William Maria Mallow

USA General of the Army

Congratulations brave Germans of the Union! Welcome to the proud few who can begin to lay claim to the title of "Veteran Unit"!

USA Captain

Remembering when the 52nd and the 66th drilled together when the camp first came out, I should hope to do something similar again one day.

Congratulations on the 2 years and hoping for some more successful days.

CSA Captain

Congrats on 2 years
    Your Captain calls me Onii-chan.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Congratulations from all of me!

Best,
    Dman979

Steam Link:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010164906/
    German Ingame historical name:Ragnar
    Timezone:MEZ
    Do you have Teamspeak?:Yes
    Previous Regiment Experience in other games:No