Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 50th Georgia Volunteers Co. G "Clinch Volunteers"

CSA Captain

Cool 50th Georgia Volunteers Co. G "Clinch Volunteers"

Looking to Defend the Great State of Georgia?

Welcome!

We the 50th Georgia Volunteers Co. G "Clinch Volunteers", and Co. C "Coffee County Guards" is a community for War of Rights! We look forward to playing alongside many of the new Companies and communities. And also enjoying meeting many of you on the battlefield. We will be operating at the beginning of the Closed Alpha, Skirmishers Phase one, but if you have pledged to join the game at a later date we are open for your service as well! Currently we hail from a North and South regiment, called the 5th Georgia Volunteer specifically Company A , "Clinch Rifles". Along with our bodies fit for duty, we bring our standards and history of our respectable regiment. Due to limitations on custom company names, we chose to carry over as 50th Georgia Volunteers because of the many similarities we found with the 5th Georgia Volunteers. We very much look forward to working with the community of War of Rights and we shall see you on the battlefield!
    History & Engagements

The 50th Georgia Regiment gained credit and fame in plenty of well known and hard fought battles in both the Eastern and Western theaters of the war. The regiment was engaged in or present at forty five total battles before it's surrender at Appomattox Court House. Some of these engagements include important battles such as Second Bull Run (August 28-30, 1862), Antietam (September 17, 1862), Gettysburg (July 1-3, 1863), Chattanooga Siege (September - November, 1863), and Petersburg Siege (June 1864-April 1865). All of these are just few of the many battlefields they attended.

Before erupting on the battlefield, they were formed into service on March 4, 1862, in the city of Savannah,. They were primarily recruits from Southern Georgia. The original commander was Colonel. William R. Manning. Once organized, they were sent to Camp Davis in Guyton, Georgia to train and become an elite unit. Afterwards, they were mustered into service to protect Savannah's defenses. On July 17th, 1861, Major General John C. Pemberton sent the 50th Georgia to Richmond to join the Army of Northern Virginia under General Robert E. Lee. For the majority of war, the 50th Georgia served in the First Corps of the ANV, under General James Longstreet. Later , in 1862, General Longstreet was sent with his Corps to assist in the western theater. There, the 50th was a part of the Siege of Knoxville. Returning to Virginia, the 50th Georgia also fought in the Siege of Petersburg, the Battle of Cedar Creek, and the Battle of Sayler's Creek.

After the surrendered at Appomattox Court House, the men of the 50th Georgia were paroled and departed to return to their homes Throughout the years, the regiment members would attend reunions to relive the memories of their noble past.
    Expectations and Ideals

We expect certain characteristics and conduct from recruits when they join. Of course nobody wants to be in a group full of trolls, so we require members to conduct themselves in a manner that creates a fun and accepting environment for members of the Company. People with great leadership skills are always welcomed and we encourage members to come forward with them. As our company grows, so does the need for responsible, mature leaders. Although we have a starting lineup of Commissioned and Noncommissioned Officers, we still need members who are capable of leading both during and away from events. We also require of all our members a level of maturity, regardless of age. While this is a prerequisite for an Officer, it is also something enlisted men must exhibit as well. This means racist topics and comments will not be permitted.along with bothering or slandering other Companies and communities within War of Rights, along with the aforementioned trolling. These prerequisites will be maintained and upheld to fit our standards. and provide a fun and welcoming environment for all!
    Official Ranks
    Below is a list of the official ranks used both in the period and within this company. Everyone is considered when the time comes to promote a member to a leading position. However, it is up to the founders and the Commissioned Officers to pick the person who best fits the role.

Commissioned Officers
    - Captain
    - 1st Lieutenant
    - 2nd Lieutenant

Non-Commissioned Officers
    - Sergeant Major
    - First Sergeant
    - Sergeant
    - Corporal

Enlisted

- Private
    - Recruit
    - Volunteer

Wanting to Enlist?

Anyone is welcomed to join us. Even though the Alpha is months away, your membership will still be reviewed without consideration of your join date! To join, please add me or my second and third in command. Just click the names below and it will direct you to our steam profile page to add.

50th Georgia Regiment Company Officers
    Steam Profile of Francis Underwood of Company G.
    Steam Profile of Joshua of Company A.

50th Georgia Company G. Steam Group

Regardless of your decision to join or not, we look forward to joining you on the battlefield!
    Last edited by Francis; 05-29-2018 at 09:32 AM.

"We are a dirty, ragged set, mother, but courage and heroism find many a true disciple among us." - Theore Fogle, Enlisted Georgian

Colonel Francis Underwood of the 50th Georgia Volunteers

http://i.imgur.com/4urXGsY.png

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Welcome Georgia! Whoop!

CSA Captain

Thank you Mr. Hill, look forward into representing the Georgians

"We are a dirty, ragged set, mother, but courage and heroism find many a true disciple among us." - Theore Fogle, Enlisted Georgian

CSA Captain

CSA Captain

Soon......

USA General of the Army

I see you've mimicked my sig style there

USA Sergeant

Hey now, don't forget your fourth in command.

CSA Captain

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Its very sexy if you ask me :3

ayy best reg NA

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    My doing
    Just because its a great format