Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding "war of rights"

USA Major

But technically since it CAN be done, they shouldn't deny people the opportunity to make a mod.
    "I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Major General John Sedgwick: His last words.

Quote Originally Posted by Henronicus View Post
    But technically since it CAN be done, they shouldn't deny people the opportunity to make a mod.
    It's not about us wanting to deny people anything. It's about time needed to be able to give people the right tools. At the moment our official answer is it's something we'd like to support eventually.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    And I wish people would stop comparing this endeavor with that other stuff.

From what I've seen of this endeavor its head and shoulders above what ya'll used to know.

And to be frank, it doesn't appear to be a mod of anything as the developers went a completely different route in making this.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    And I wish people would stop comparing this endeavor with that other stuff.

From what I've seen of this endeavor its head and shoulders above what ya'll used to know.

And to be frank, it doesn't appear to be a mod of anything as the developers went a completely different route in making this.
    In my eyes its the North and South mod only 100x better (not that NaS isnt Ffun )

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Fisterbottom View Post
    In my eyes its the North and South mod only 100x better (not that NaS isnt Ffun )
    I think its somewhat of an unfair assessment to attempt to tie War of Rights down to North and South. Yes they are both community driven American Civil War first person shooters, but that's basically where the similarities stop.

In my eyes, the developers have a completely different vision for this game that will surpass anything a Mount and Blade: Warband mod could ever dream about being. Not to say that North and South isn't still great. It's quite wonderful what it has been able to accomplish, however it is after all still just a mod.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

USA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    I think its somewhat of an unfair assessment to attempt to tie War of Rights down to North and South. Yes they are both community driven American Civil War first person shooters, but that's basically where the similarities stop.

In my eyes, the developers have a completely different vision for this game that will surpass anything a Mount and Blade: Warband mod could ever dream about being. Not to say that North and South isn't still great. It's quite wonderful what it has been able to accomplish, however it is after all still just a mod.
    An absolutely fantastic and highly enjoyable mod, may I add.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post

Couldnt agree more with you Rithal - well said!

That's exactly what I tried to mean at my first thread. If game was modable. As it looks to be turning into a great game,it would spawn at least great mods as well. Imagine having mods for this game about the Crimean War,Franco Prussian War,maybe a Napoleonic Wars Revisited Mod. Damn,a Napoleonic Wars mod with this engine and based on this game would be something really notorious!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    You do realize that the engine is available to anyone right? For a subscription fee of $10.00 USD a month you can have the engine code and build your own empire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Kar98 View Post
    That's exactly what I tried to mean at my first thread. If game was modable. As it looks to be turning into a great game,it would spawn at least great mods as well. Imagine having mods for this game about the Crimean War,Franco Prussian War,maybe a Napoleonic Wars Revisited Mod. Damn,a Napoleonic Wars mod with this engine and based on this game would be something really notorious!
    We are not able to look that much into the future.
    But if War of Rights is a success, we could use it as a brand-name and do other wars in future WoR games

The name "War of Rights" can be used for many different wars.. from the roman civil wars up to the Napoleonic Wars.