Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here reenacts?

USA Captain

Who here reenacts?

Hello
    I recently started reenacting and have a very great interests in reenacting and the American civil war, I just wanted to ask everyone, Who here reenacts, and for optional content to add this post talk about what regiment you are in or were in and maybe some funny reenacting stories

thanks,
    Cleburne

USA Sergeant

I do.

In the danish version of the 15th Wisconsin. (a regiment originally made up of Norwegians, swedes and Danes)
    And I done a bit of Danish army in 1864 during the 2nd Sleswig war.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I used to, many years ago when I was younger. Lived in New York State at the time and was in a Confederate Unit. We got invited to everyone's party!!! They needed someone to shoot at!

USA Captain

Nice, I haven't joined a regiment but i will be doing CSA reenacting

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    I used to, many years ago when I was younger. Lived in New York State at the time and was in a Confederate Unit. We got invited to everyone's party!!! They needed someone to shoot at!
    New York is actually pretty CSA reenacting that I know of now

I reenact, I haven't been doing it for very long only about a year. I`m with the 6th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Burger Rambo View Post
    I reenact, I haven't been doing it for very long only about a year. I`m with the 6th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.
    Cool, I don't know what the 6th Ohio did during the war, so I might start researching about that regiment.

I use to back in the early 80,s. 23rd Virginia, out of Richmond, Va. loved it, but then a recession hit and could not afford to do it anymore. it was great, everyone talked in first person when the crowd was around. Friday and Saturday night you might have a bluegrass band playing, keg of beer. and then the blue and grey balls (dancing)

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rebeltim28 View Post
    I use to back in the early 80,s. 23rd Virginia, out of Richmond, Va. loved it, but then a recession hit and could not afford to do it anymore. it was great, everyone talked in first person when the crowd was around. Friday and Saturday night you might have a bluegrass band playing, keg of beer. and then the blue and grey balls (dancing)
    Yea reenacting is a great experience and they are a great type of people to be around

CSA Major

I don't reenact per se but I practice the photography directly from the period. Lots of chemicals, lots of glass and tin plates, lots of fun. Some example pieces can be found here. I'm looking to get out next year in period clothing and equipment for the historical events across the UK.