View Poll Results: Insti Death Or Be Phyical Wounded?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • die by getting shot in leg

55 40.44%
  • fall down and loose feeling in your leg and cant walk

83 61.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Realist Wounds

Quote Originally Posted by Lyman Trumbull View Post
    https://warofrights.com/KickstarterU...ationContainer

This can give you some idea on what mechanics will be in place in term of respawning.
    oh, well im going to give the color guard part to my CO and revive the 3rd New York Color Guard xD
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ThomasHBates

1st New York Battery A, Empire Battery

I don't know in how far soldier models in the game are build. I certainly hope it is not just based on simple ragdoll physics as that creates awfully unrealistic reactions like marionettes shaken and thrown around by their strings. That might be ok by a shooter which does not take itself too seriously but I don't that would fit the aim of this project.
    I hope they use what more sophisticated animators use, a at least simple skeleton and muscle model to make the figures move more realistically which could also help by defining damage to targets.

I am sure the effect of those large ammunitions used back then are horrific and I hope the project takes no shortcuts of making those battles look like a child's play.
    I think that most agree that most hits would be, if not instantly fatal, being so crippling that most wounds would lead to a slow, lonely death in the field.

What I am more interested would be in, just to give it a name 'secondary effects'. What I mean is a (probably short) but possible list of non-lethal battle wounds and accidents in the heat of battle which I am sure where probably quite frequent with the complex loading of a musket in the middle of a battle.
    I am no expert of such old weapons but I can imagine that some wounds were not lethal, by missing with luck any bones and vital organs.
    At the end it all depends on how detailed the damage models are to maybe allow battle wounds which range from scars, lost finger joints, etc., etc.

I am not interested in a blind gore fest but I am also not interested in a simple 'complete dead' or 'healthy alive' alone condition. Even most wounds would be probably quite devastating, some variation between those two states should exist. It would allow for example field medics to have a job as well, presuming they existed already and some game veterans can even show their scars like trophies if they like to do so but also might give them perks which they can maybe learn to some degree to overcome/compensate if they can survive long enough (and train long enough in boot camp). Other soldiers can also train their bandaging skills if they find the time to aid one of their wounded or heal an ememy if he survives the shot and the 'first aid'.

Some of those ideas are more from the rpg world and might not work on this project. But at the end it is up to the dev team to make that judgement as just they know what the final result allows or not.
    I just think that such details COULD add to 'realism' in the game and promote longevity of a soldier 'life' being as short as one battle or maybe turning into a scared vet one day.

I also like the idea of the before mentione 'death cam' as long it allows a player to quit that cam anytime he wants to respawn. Depending on the final damage system. He might be not dying but incapacitated and must stay behind where he could become a goal for being found by enemies, a civilian and might face connected troubles before he expires.
    Again, just some ideas of what might be possible as long they do nto collide with historical accuracy.

For players preference even some of those ideas are possible, if they can be turned on/off individually in an option menu might also give players some freedom to pick their own level of 'realism' in their own games.
    Last edited by Bearhug67; 05-05-2016 at 04:26 AM.

USA Colonel

why not when say shot in the leg fall to the ground you would still be able to shoot and reload slowly but actions make you bleed out faster so while that is happening you can choose to either bleed out or wait for help or even continue fighting on the ground till your last breath and say the get hit in the arm cant use there rifle pulls the bayonet of uses it as a self hurting knifehas he grips the blade to swing it at people while still having the option to fight wait for a teammate or simply chooses to die

CSA Major

"The non-commissioned officers’ primary task is to keep the companies tight as well as to look after provisions within the company and make sure to distribute them to the best of their ability. This includes ammunition as well as bandages to stop bleeding."

USA Captain

You will not need to wait until the end of the round like M&B because respawning is available, read about it more in the link below.

CSA Major

So... I think I can conclude what this young man is trying to suggest. We all become the Black Knight!

I mean, if I'm hit in the arm, Tis but a scratch!
    http://i.imgur.com/HTh0TM0.png

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_ View Post
    So... I think I can conclude what this young man is trying to suggest. We all become the Black Knight!

I mean, if I'm hit in the arm, Tis but a scratch!
    That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

"The First Minnesota Regiment fired with so much coolness and accuracy that they brought down [three times one] of the enemy's flags, and finally cut the flag-staff in two."

-Report of Brig. Gen. Willis A. Gorman, U.S. Army,
    Commanding First Brigade, of the Battle of' Antietam
    SEPTEMBER 3-20, 1862.-The Maryland Campaign.

USA Captain

Honestly I want the game to capture flying limbs, screaming in agony not like "oh noh lost meh fuut dernit", I want it to capture oozing blood, holes and shit in someone's gut, someone's head gets hit with a bullet I want the head to spirt blood and pop out. Someone's head gets hit by a cannon ball? I want that head off them shoulders lol.

I'm not a serial killer or anything but I want it to depict the damage and show it in its true light what war really is. I would do anything for some real genuine deaths like this.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by General. Jackson View Post
    Honestly I want the game to capture flying limbs, screaming in agony not like "oh noh lost meh fuut dernit", I want it to capture oozing blood, holes and shit in someone's gut, someone's head gets hit with a bullet I want the head to spirt blood and pop out. Someone's head gets hit by a cannon ball? I want that head off them shoulders lol.

I'm not a serial killer or anything but I want it to depict the damage and show it in its true light what war really is. I would do anything for some real genuine deaths like this.
    Basically you want Antietam st Glory

Overton Hood Gun For Hire

"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave".- Thomas Jonathan Jackson

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by General. Jackson View Post

As long as it doesn't limit player numbers I'm all for it.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion