Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: A. P. Hill's Light Division

USA Lieutenant General

Red face Sounds like a good plan!

Sounds like a lot of fun. Good job getting it organized. You definitely have "War Of Rights Community's" Support. (The steam group)

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    ATTENTION MEN OF THE LIGHT DIVISION!

As many of you know, I've been pestered to schedule a division wide drill, consider this my succumbing to those requests.

I want to ask everyone and anyone who wants to attend, what time is best for them? I'm suggesting this coming Saturday, November 19th, 2016 around 14:00 hours EST. This may be adjusted a bit depending on responses.

We will meet in the NA CSA drill camp.

I'd like to see a good turn out, according to the first page, we have close on to 18 companies. On average if we can count 15 men per company, we can expect to see a crowd of +/-270. Yes, I know some of you don't have 15 men, and then there are others who have more, as I said if we take the total and average it, it could round out to some good numbers.

So Company Commanders, Regimental/Battalion Commanders, Brigadiers, get yourselves psyched for this, encourage as many as possible to attend.

Thank you for your time and attention Men.

Respectfully,
    Powell
    Maj Gen'l Commanding Light Division PANVA.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    ATTENTION MEN OF THE LIGHT DIVISION!

As many of you know, I've been pestered to schedule a division wide drill, consider this my succumbing to those requests.

I want to ask everyone and anyone who wants to attend, what time is best for them? I'm suggesting this coming Saturday, November 19th, 2016 around 14:00 hours EST. This may be adjusted a bit depending on responses.

We will meet in the NA CSA drill camp.

I'd like to see a good turn out, according to the first page, we have close on to 18 companies. On average if we can count 15 men per company, we can expect to see a crowd of +/-270. Yes, I know some of you don't have 15 men, and then there are others who have more, as I said if we take the total and average it, it could round out to some good numbers.

So Company Commanders, Regimental/Battalion Commanders, Brigadiers, get yourselves psyched for this, encourage as many as possible to attend.

Thank you for your time and attention Men.

Respectfully,
    Powell
    Maj Gen'l Commanding Light Division PANVA.
    Thank you sir! We have been wanting this for a long time! Unfortunately I have to go out of town this weekend, but I'm sure the 38th NC will have representatives there.

Sincerely,
    Lance Rawlings
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Captain

Hello Sir. Unfortunately no one in my brigade owns the game, so expect an attendance of 0 from Field's Brigade.

Unfortunately, sir, I'm in the same boat as Yoyo; hardly any of my members own the game.

Apologies!

CSA Captain

may others come as well?
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Lieutenant General

General sir,

My brigade has been advised of the drill and all captains have been instructed to form their available men.
    Col. Hatcher
    Adjutant, Drayton's Brigade

In Memoriam of my Confederate Ancestors:

Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest, Major William H. Forrest, Lt. Col. Aaron Forrest, Col. Jeffrey Forrest, Lt. Col. Jesse Forrest, Captain James M. Cathey, Harrison Haynes, Harper Haynes, Jopseh Martin, William G. Hatcher, John A. Hatcher, John J. Hatcher, D. Wesley Hatcher, James L. Hatcher

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    may others come as well?
    Sure.

However, that said, I have received quite a few adverse responses.

I am seriously reconsidering the date, to be moved to December 3rd, as many comments were folks were otherwise busy due to the American holiday.

CSA Captain

December 3rd would work to my knowledge sir.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

Sir, I too will be out of town this weekend. Dec. 3rd would work much better. <o