Thread: Officer Revolver Firing: Left-handed

CSA Captain

Officer Revolver Firing: Left-handed

I thought I'd mention this now. Officers carried their revolvers for a left hand draw, but the animation right now shows the poor wretch struggling to get the darn thing out with his right hand. Will this be corrected eventually? Possibly just keep the pistol in the left hand, leaving the right hand for the Officer's sword. Any thoughts?
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

We went with a right hand approach as it would make sense to carry it in your right hand if you're not using a sword.

- Trusty

USA Captain

While we are on the topic of revolvers will there be cap jams ( especially for colts)? Also, will doing a "cavalry cock" ( cocking the hammer back while the barrel is facing upwards) decrease the chances of a cap jam if that is planned?
    "Better dead than reb"- Someone probably

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We went with a right hand approach as it would make sense to carry it in your right hand if you're not using a sword.

- Trusty
    Gotcha, so there are no plans to draw from the holster with the left hand, correct?

Seems to me that it would make more sense only if the holster was a right hand draw. I think part of the idea behind having a left handed draw was also so you could have your sword and revolver out simultaneously. Obviously your sword would be in your right hand which leaves the revolver in the left.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot