Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So-called "server rules"

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I have never once endeavored to come to one of 'your' events. I get on when people are on. Believe it or not a lot of people do that in a game where activity isn't high. I've gone into the 'events' section of this forum once or twice. I am aware that Sunday nights there is typically some effort among Big WoR to do an organized event but once again, it isn't your's. When it is, I'll probably come to some. People aught to be bitching, I'm not going to shy away from something because I should feel some imaginary pressure from Big WoR orgs that may or may not even survive intact to the day we have private servers. I appreciate when people help fill the servers but you're taking the wrong approach relegating gameplay to just those boxed event attempts.
    Never said it was mine. Events are mainly run by General Piaoletti of the 6th LA. I'm saying that we have a set time were we want to do what we want, and we don't need people like you telling us to stop having our fun. Even during pick up games the large majority is organized units where we do almost exactly what you preach. We take only less than 2 hours out of the entire week to do the kind of match we want to play. There is still 166 hours were we aren't playing our way.

USA General of the Army

Even the Organized Events are a bit chaotic and as long as we have a Test Game they probably will remain so.
    Randoms and the Hard Headed Rambos will remain a problem until we get Locked Servers.
    Last edited by John Cooley; 08-18-2018 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Sleep Deprived Spelling Errors Corrected lol
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Captain

Devs,
    Please either unlock a new server for Antietam Line Battles or change NA2 from Harpers Ferry to Antietam and rename to Antietam Line Battle Server. If the EU pards wish to have one they can request an EU server to be renamed as well. If NA players wish to play Harpers Ferry, there is always other Harper servers if NA2 gets changed.
    This can become the server for line battle events and stop the never ending bickering that has been going on. This will give those who wish for line battles a place to be and leaves the remaining servers for those wish to not take place in line battles.

War of Rights Server Listing.jpg

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Devs,
    Please either unlock a new server for Antietam Line Battles or change NA2 from Harpers Ferry to Antietam and rename to Antietam Line Battle Server. If the EU pards wish to have one they can request an EU server to be renamed as well. If NA players wish to play Harpers Ferry, there is always other Harper servers if NA2 gets changed.
    This can become the server for line battle events and stop the never ending bickering that has been going on. This will give those who wish for line battles a place to be and leaves the remaining servers for those wish to not take place in line battles.

War of Rights Server Listing.jpg
    As in our events we disregard the point. The line battle map should have an increased timer for 1 hour, and add equal tickets for both sides.

USA General of the Army

Initially, I was all for the idea of a Locked Line Battle Server but ...
    Upon further review it seems a bit problematic.

- Who will hold the Keys to the Kingdom?
    I am certain the Devs have enough on their plates and we can't even have a civil discussion over WAY too many issues to list here so ... who will hold the Key?
    - Who will play The Gatekeeper?
    If someone loses connection or crashes who will stop playing to let players back in ... over and over and over again?
    - Since we can't guarantee the Key Master will attend every event ...
    How many Junior Key Masters will need to be anointed from On High?
    - How do we know that the Gatekeeper and the Key Master won't play favorites in their Power of The Boot?
    and lastly ...
    Can we get pics of the Original Ghostbusters, as their Forum Icons ... because the Remake was SO LAME?
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Major

i play every weekend and these line battles are a ruse all they turn into is each side hiding behind fences, bushes, getting flanked and so forth and so on the actual line battle lasts about 5min then one company wants to go flank and shoot into the side or shoot into the spawn, 1st cav looking at you, now the csa side has to go send a group to counter them, then all the lines moving all over the place its just a bloody mess just play the dam maps the way they are made, if you want a dam line battle sit still and shoot at each other wouldnt that be easier
    and yes there are 7000 peopple who can play the game a better question is why are they not playing maybe they dont want line battles either or the server crashes, cant log out of the game without going to task manager and the other 100 reasons whole companies have quit the game lets fix the game first then worry about private servers and line battles

i can take or leave line battles but they are not really line battles after the first 5min
    and if you dont like how the game is played try to get others on other servers as tyler said if you dont like dont play
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 08-18-2018 at 03:16 PM.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    i play every weekend and these line battles are a ruse all they turn into is each side hiding behind fences, bushes, getting flanked and so forth and so on the actual line battle lasts about 5min then one company wants to go flank and shoot into the side or shoot into the spawn, 1st cav looking at you, now the csa side has to go send a group to counter them, then all the lines moving all over the place its just a bloody mess just play the dam maps the way they are made, if you want a dam line battle sit still and shoot at each other wouldnt that be easier
    and yes there are 7000 peopple who can play the game a better question is why are they not playing maybe they dont want line battles either or the server crashes, cant log out of the game without going to task manager and the other 100 reasons whole companies have quit the game lets fix the game first then worry about private servers and line battles

i can take or leave line battles but they are not really line battles after the first 5min
    and if you dont like how the game is played try to get others on other servers as tyler said if you dont like dont play
    I want to stop using the term Line Battle. Instead they should just be battles since the game is supposed to be played in lines anyways. Also Piaoletti and myself agreed on having skirmishers (aka. Tiger Scouts and 1st ME Cavalry). Oh man do your skirms give us a headache as well, so at this point I've stopped complaining about them since it makes the battle events interesting. It used to be simple line vs line then we added two lines each because people complained. Then we added skirmishers because people complained. Now we added a bit of cover because people complained. I think we are fine the way we are currently. Giving in anymore is just going to turn it further into a chaotic mess which will in the end kill the event sever entirely because organized units won't participate. Only thing left to do if that starts to happen is we put back regulations which will then make the small no unit crowd's heads explode. I'd rather not go that route since they are fine the way they are. I know for a fact my men, the 72nd's men, and 1st Cav's men enjoy it the way it is which is about 50 people. There will always be people in game complaining but I just Ignore them, so i can focus at the task at hand. It's only two maps per week that has rules to begin with. The rest of the night, and every day is played without rules. I see no reason for people to complain about that.
    Last edited by Tyler28256; 08-18-2018 at 03:49 PM.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Initially, I was all for the idea of a Locked Line Battle Server but ...
    Upon further review it seems a bit problematic.

- Who will hold the Keys to the Kingdom?
    I am certain the Devs have enough on their plates and we can't even have a civil discussion over WAY too many issues to list here so ... who will hold the Key?
    - Who will play The Gatekeeper?
    If someone loses connection or crashes who will stop playing to let players back in ... over and over and over again?
    - Since we can't guarantee the Key Master will attend every event ...
    How many Junior Key Masters will need to be anointed from On High?
    - How do we know that the Gatekeeper and the Key Master won't play favorites in their Power of The Boot?
    and lastly ...
    Can we get pics of the Original Ghostbusters, as their Forum Icons ... because the Remake was SO LAME?
    I don't want locked servers anymore, unless it's for a specific special event like an anniversary event were we legitimately want to reenact the battle.

USA Captain

I never said locked server, just a different server labeled for battles.

USA Captain

I'd call them "Reenactment Event Servers".

Why? 'cuz "Line Battles" were fought, but not always and not under all circumstances. If you call those servers "Reenactment Event Servers", you still get to play by rules - rules, which do include line battle rules, but also rules for other types of combat used at that time.
    In that case, "cycling maps" should be a thing of the past (as mentioned a few posts earlier), if the server rules get expanded to "reenactment rules".

Just sayin' ...
    Ingame Nick: [KRT.2ndAuriga]Cpt.Data
    I'm not part of any Company: KRT is a clan playing Star Citizen and 2ndAuriga means I'm member of the 2nd wing of the Auriga Squadron.