Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammunition counter

USA Captain

How about being able to pick up ammo from the dead, but only what they had left. It would have to take some time like it does to reload and you can only do it once when out of ammo. Honestly I think I've only run out of ammo once or twice. Usually I don't last more than 5-10 minutes on the field. In fact lately I haven't been able to get across a field without someone getting a lucky shot off. I'm thinking of changing my nick name to "Fodder"

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    Red orchestra had an text 'ammo check' sort of what you propose (see video) … I also would prefer a button (instead of automatic) so it doesn't bother people who don't use it.

Certainly something similar to that, regarding text, Red Orchestra is a good example, but Escape from Tarkov does it very well by mixing the animation and the subtle display of what you have so it's not right in the middle of the screen and blends well with the rest of the UI and instead the bottom right. I believe War of Rights would do something similar to compound well with the UI or even exactly the same with a simple font check and of course a different animation.

CSA Captain

Red Orchestra and Escape from Tarkov - these two games I really love! (not playing RO anymore & very disappointed by RO2)

Yes, this kind of ammo check would be nice and realistic. You feel how many bullets are left when you enter your hand into ammo pouch (RO style) and you can visually check anytime (EfT style).

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    Red Orchestra and Escape from Tarkov - these two games I really love! (not playing RO anymore & very disappointed by RO2)

Yes, this kind of ammo check would be nice and realistic. You feel how many bullets are left when you enter your hand into ammo pouch (RO style) and you can visually check anytime (EfT style).
    I don't know about visually checking, I mean I guess it could be implemented, but in EFT you still can't really see how many you have purely based on looking at the mag, it's still the text. Although I wouldn't be opposed to the amount of bullets actually being visually depleted, it would only be a bonus.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    This was the same idea that I had. Make an animation where the player opens his cartridge box and glances inside.
    I could get behind this.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    I don't know about visually checking, I mean I guess it could be implemented, but in EFT you still can't really see how many you have purely based on looking at the mag, it's still the text. Although I wouldn't be opposed to the amount of bullets actually being visually depleted, it would only be a bonus.
    I know the game well, the idea of “visual check” is to make animation of looking at the ammo pouch and writing the ammo remaining (or not writing anything when the graphics can tell the information).

USA Lieutenant General

Glad to see my suggestion is getting some love.

- kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    Glad to see my suggestion is getting some love.

- kyle
    Yeah, thanks for the suggestion.

It's been an idea of ours for years now. Will probably look into it at some point as it would be an immersive thing to have.

- Trusty

USA Major

I don't think we should over kill this problem with complex visuals, etc. A soldier knew when he was getting low by feel. When he reached for a cartridge he could tell by feel when the box was getting empty. Pop up a simple visual whenever he is loading his gun. Could be as simple as a partially filled box icon on the right or just a simple number of cartridges left that fades away after a few seconds.

We don't want to micro manage the soldier. We just need something to allow a soldier in the line to call out to the officer in charge that a better s... or get off the pot because you aren't going to be shooting much longer.
    Lightfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    I don't think we should over kill this problem with complex visuals, etc. A soldier knew when he was getting low by feel. When he reached for a cartridge he could tell by feel when the box was getting empty. Pop up a simple visual whenever he is loading his gun. Could be as simple as a partially filled box icon on the right or just a simple number of cartridges left that fades away after a few seconds.

We don't want to micro manage the soldier. We just need something to allow a soldier in the line to call out to the officer in charge that a better s... or get off the pot because you aren't going to be shooting much longer.

No one is really over complicating it, hence why multiple people, myself included, have suggested that it goes with a visual or preferably text since it would be simple and probably blend with the UI better than a status indicator popping up in the middle of your screen.