Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child Warfare Part 1 and 2

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    War of Rights is never going to be a game that single players will excell in, ever. The real problem is that the game itself does not make this clear from the outset. People buy this game, very often thinking that it is a bog standard FPS game where you can run and gun, where Officers and NCO's are just a class to play with different weapons, where both sides have an equal number of tickets, & the list goes on and on. Many of them will never learn different because they are 'loners'. No matter how many times you make a post championing the cause of NOT joining a Company, the truth is that WoR is a game that only excels when you organise & co-operate, and the best way to do that is to join a Company.
    I "miss" a curtain guy(kid) we used to have running around on the CSA and Union Drill camps way back. He made a group(read: company) for people that don't want to be in a company. He called his group 'the mercenaries' or something similar to that. Maybe that kid-guy can help this community once again...

CSA Captain

There were historically children serving and did indeed fight in some rare cases, "Field of lost shoes" 2015 is a film about a group of teens from the VMI who partake in a battle, it's a good film tbh.

as far as kids go, there has been the odd officer who's voice was breaking over VOIP, though that could have been the powder smoke...

USA General of the Army

Historically, the youngest casualty was something like 8 years old. The youngest Sergeant was around 13. Galusha Pennypacker was 20 when he got promoted to Brigadier General. The average age of enlisted was somewhere around 25, and towards the end of the war you would have seen more old men and young boys on the CS side. NC was known to have sent more men to the Confederate Army than were eligible to enlist.

That being said, I think its funny as hell seeing these kiddies go on power trips when they get an officer class. Was in a game the other day, not gonna say what map so I don't get falsely accused again , but this kid just kept going on and on about how he'd never lost a match when he was in command on that map. So when he said, "Our officer is dead" I was quick to tell him that now is his chance to lead us to glory. Didn't hear a peep out of him after that.

There was a squeeker last night who was NCO i believe and he was doing pretty damn good at ordering volleys. half they guys were just telling him to STFU because he was a kid but I'd still say he did better than half the mouth breathers who play this game.