Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights High Activity Group

I've floated the idea of a sort of cheerleading group where you don't have people on and you try to get people on. The problem is that whose making the announcement and the clout they have really matters. So you get one guy as an officer who is not some amazing cheerleader who draws people in and every time you see an announcement you think "Who posted it?" The high activity concept is supposed to just be pure numbers. Another problem is when you don't deliver. You post an announcement for an event and it doesn't happen because you don't get enough players. When you don't deliver, people start ignoring your announcements. All the announcement is is a quick pop up on your computer screen. The power of the group is in numbers and clout.

Like I said this has gotten a lot harder now unfortunately due to steam's absurd new restrictions on inviting people to your group. If I was going to do something else and I had a regular work schedule I would make something like an "8PM EST WoR flash mob" group where every day an event popped up at 8pm to join the server for a round or two. Just an idea.

The best thing people can do is just network and make friends and congregate at servers around the same time on regular basis with other people who can play at that regular time.

I'm seeing a trend that I really don't like with clans (companies) right now in that they are tending to drill and then scatter. I saw this happen in my last fledgling community a lot. The servers would be utterly dead and you'd see a locked one with 25/32 guys in it and when it was finally unlocked and closed the guys scattered... 1-4 guys would stay for a while and usually none of them were even trusted with admin abilities. So the clans actually did as much to hurt the community as anything. They drilled or did exclusive events among themselves and did little-to-nothing to support the community except pop in on servers to recruit. People who were regulars or newcomers would disappear and become an exclusively locked server guys. Public servers being empty is a horrible way to foster growth for a game. And you need to grow to survive as a community. The companies need to set aside the future and focus on the present. Drilling is great but you need to have your guys put mandatory time in the server. It's the best way to train.

I always wanted to have a good stat tracker on my server and force guys to log two hours in the server a week with exceptions taken for leave so many times when planned. The sad fact is that some people start coming around only for drills. I'm seeing 29 guys of one organization drilling in a server then 15 playing on a battle server. It's kind of disconcerting. The game is actually fun to play now at times and yet there aren't people on at set times. More organizations need to start showing up or they can't claim to really have been around during the Alpha if they haven't really been around. You've got to put in time and take pride in having your guys testing and putting in bug reports and seeing what works and what doesn't.

These are the heroes. These are the guys who are putting in the time to get something going. It has to start somewhere. If all you do is wait and wait then you're not being a leader or an example you're just taking from the work other guys have put in to get something going. I spent many an hour sitting alone on my server so that when players logged on they came to mine first. There's work to be done even in a video game sometimes

heroes.jpg
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 11-22-2017 at 04:07 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

This group will be helpful in the future but until we get more content in the game don't expect many players on. There is nothing to do besides either drill, defend or attack. Many groups have agreed once more content is released to play the game.
    Last edited by Saris; 11-22-2017 at 05:08 AM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

I would play the game as is. I consider it fun, but the servers are empty

I agree... I'm confused as to the lack of activity. Whether we're just 'testers' as some claim or paid-early-access-ers it is confusing especially since the game can be fun as is. I'm wondering what percentage of players have been in the game with the new updates with formation and skirmish modes. TBH the communication is not excellent from the developers. You can't rely on people coming and being engaged on the forums. How many are there active on the forums? A hundred? Two or three hundred checking it out? And who reads through the patch thread to sift through everyone's responses and find some legit news? Steam is not a great way to put the information out there either. I check my e-mail all the time, as 90s-ish as it is I think WoR should announce big updates on e-mail.

I see it just as a cycle of "nobody else is playing, so I'm not." People make attempts to run events on, like, a Sunday night but that doesn't work for everyone. And then people become dependent on the 'events' basically losing all hope of anything getting going at other times.

I don't think it's a long-term issue but it doesn't help to get a fraction of the testing done that you could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I agree... I'm confused as to the lack of activity. Whether we're just 'testers' as some claim or paid-early-access-ers it is confusing especially since the game can be fun as is. I'm wondering what percentage of players have been in the game with the new updates with formation and skirmish modes. TBH the communication is not excellent from the developers. You can't rely on people coming and being engaged on the forums. How many are there active on the forums? A hundred? Two or three hundred checking it out? And who reads through the patch thread to sift through everyone's responses and find some legit news? Steam is not a great way to put the information out there either. I check my e-mail all the time, as 90s-ish as it is I think WoR should announce big updates on e-mail.

I see it just as a cycle of "nobody else is playing, so I'm not." People make attempts to run events on, like, a Sunday night but that doesn't work for everyone. And then people become dependent on the 'events' basically losing all hope of anything getting going at other times.

I don't think it's a long-term issue but it doesn't help to get a fraction of the testing done that you could be.
    Thank you for the feedback!

I'd be interested to hear what makes you state we're not great at communicating and your suggestions as how to fix it.

We do plan on sending out emails with news.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you for the feedback!

I'd be interested to hear what makes you state we're not great at communicating and your suggestions as how to fix it.

We do plan on sending out emails with news.

- Trusty
    I do think you communicate pretty well. You are all quick to reply here and on steam.
    What I am missing is a road map and knowing what you all are working on next. I would love to see the different steps in your development process without a timeline which will just give you headaches where people are fixated on the dates rather then the content I would suggest a road map to keep people interested. Let's them see where you stand now and what is up next.

This is the phase to test the game but some people just find out after they pledged that testing a game is not there cup of tea. I am guessing that explains the loss of people on the server. Other then that I guess a lot of people are waiting for the ability to spawn in with there companies instead of the mixed skirmish maps.
    Last edited by Profender; 11-24-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Profender View Post
    I do think you communicate pretty well. You are all quick to reply here and on steam.
    What I am missing is a road map and knowing what you all are working on next. I would love to see the different steps in your development process without a timeline which will just give you headaches where people are fixated on the dates rather then the content I would suggest a road map to keep people interested. Let's them see where you stand now and what is up next.

This is the phase to test the game but some people just find out after they pledged that testing a game is not there cup of tea. I am guessing that explains the loss of people on the server. Other then that I guess a lot of people are waiting for the ability to spawn in with there companies instead of the mixed skirmish maps.

I think we've been fairly open about our current main focus being the engine upgrade as well as what is coming with it (see the in development section of the forum). Next up after that in the form of game changing systems is the flag bearer spawn system.

Things we always work on: bug fixes, optimization (server & client side), new/improved animations, new/improved skirmish areas, new 3D assets (weapons, characters, vegetation, props, etc).

We're not massive fans of roadmaps as we don't really work after them internally - at least not structured ones. I couldn't tell you what our 3D Artist Pat is to work on in three months time for instance, but I do know he'll be working. We are, probably, every normal project leads nightmare. This is what works for us, however, and we do not intend to change our work methods. Sure, I could give you all a list of features and content we'd like to have in the final release but chances are most things would be radically changed or replaced with something else based on feedback during our testing phases so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. In the end it would be little else than a description of our vision.

In regards of being able to spawn in with your company (I suspect you refer to the future integration of the company tool in specific servers) that is not anywhere close to being a thing yet. You'll be seeing the ability to host your own server and lock it far before that.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I think we've been fairly open about our current main focus being the engine upgrade as well as what is coming with it (see the in development section of the forum). Next up after that in the form of game changing systems is the flag bearer spawn system.

Things we always work on: bug fixes, optimization (server & client side), new/improved animations, new/improved skirmish areas, new 3D assets (weapons, characters, vegetation, props, etc).

We're not massive fans of roadmaps as we don't really work after them internally - at least not structured ones. I couldn't tell you what our 3D Artist Pat is to work on in three months time for instance, but I do know he'll be working. We are, probably, every normal project leads nightmare. This is what works for us, however, and we do not intend to change our work methods. Sure, I could give you all a list of features and content we'd like to have in the final release but chances are most things would be radically changed or replaced with something else based on feedback during our testing phases so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. In the end it would be little else than a description of our vision.

In regards of being able to spawn in with your company (I suspect you refer to the future integration of the company tool in specific servers) that is not anywhere close to being a thing yet. You'll be seeing the ability to host your own server and lock it far before that.

- Trusty
    Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work guys.

Can we expect a winter drill camp like last year by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Profender View Post
    Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work guys.

Can we expect a winter drill camp like last year by the way?
    Maybe. We have other priorities at the moment though.

- Trusty

I'm talking about the people who don't check the forum. This game has 4,000 backers of Captain or greater who have Alpha access. 'Waiting for new content' doesn't keep 3950 players from joining the servers 6/7 days a week. You're never even going to get a 1/10th of your backers in the servers at the same time but the player engagement is still strikingly low considering the playability